Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 3G 8g Iphone

Default Jailbreak 3G 8g Iphone
    I have my daughters new 3G 8g iphone with 4.1 (8B117) that came on the phone from at&t. Im not concerned with unlock, just want to jailbreak. I tried limera1n, saw some post's that said it would work, it didnt. So whats the easiest way to jailbreak this? I looked in the guides section, but the one for the 3g said it was outdated, and was for 4.0 . Thanks for looking.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Limera1n doesnt work on iPhone 3G. You can try redsn0w 0.9.6b2 to jailbreak.

Well, redsnow didnt work either. Gets stuck waiting for reboot. Waited about 5 mins for it. Is there another program I can try?

Ok thanks for the speedy reply. I will try it.

Snowbreeze didnt work either. Itunes said the file snowbreeze created was not compatible. Tried 3 different times. Never had this much trouble before. I give up, and I hate to give up.
    Last edited by vtx106; 2010-11-16 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 or b2 at iOS 4.1

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

PwnageTool also works ... But so do the others. Hate to say this .. but I suggest a bit more reading and studying and understanding and dilligence to details because they do work.

The only time I've experienced errors (not caused by me) was after a non-standard battery replacement.

I used step by step tutorials, which were opened up side by side with the app I was using, looked at youtube videos, while in the process and followed step by step. I tried redsnow 0.9.6b1,b2, and an older one as well I believe was 05 or something like that. In the redsnow apps, everytime I went into dfu mode the app would freeze at waiting to reboot screen, on all versions. With snowbreeze, it worked fine, until it got to the point to restore with the ipsw that snowbreeze created, and itunes said the ipsw wasnt compatible. I will definetly do some more reading and try again later. Im quite sure as many times as I tried with each app I would have hit it once, but didnt. I mean how many ways are there to hold the power and home button for a few secs and release the power button while holding in the home button. If you dont do it right, it will not continue and gives you an error message stating try again. Thanks everyone for the help you have offered.

Thanks

Are you talking about 3g or 3gs, i see you have a 3gs as well.

Im trying to jb the 3g. 3gs already jb with limera1n. so easy lol.

Curious, when I ran redsnow, I just opened it up. I wonder if I was to "run as admin" if that could make a difference? Dont have the phone with me now, so cant try till tomorrow.
    Last edited by vtx106; 2010-11-16 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I suggest you do a restore to 4.1 and setup as new iPhone. Then jailbreak with redsn0w.