Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me to jailbreak

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I recommend following x98car's advice and start again. After the jb/load, verify everything is working before reloading from your backups.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

godette (2010-11-16)

Okay, can you please tell me step by step what to do?

Do I need to restore my iphone back to apple before trying the jailbreak again? Or do I just jailbreak one more time from my current position?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

I linked to a guide that gives you step by step instructions. Basically you will make a custom 4.1 firmware and restore to that. Doing it this way you are jailbroken already after the restore.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

godette (2010-11-16)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No need to reload stock. This is a very good (and complete) and detailed process..

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-16 at 02:12 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

godette (2010-11-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    No need to reload stock. This is a very good (and complete) and detailed process..

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]
    Thank you, thank you. That's a really detailed guide. Fantastic! You people are sooo kind.

OK, couple of more questions...I understand everything until the part where I have to select my packages. I haven't got a clue as to the packages I want. Are you able to help me? I don't understand ANY of that technical stuff. I also don't understand the part about remembering the rules for the Boot logos.

Thanks

Dont worry about selecting any packages and just deselect the boot logos, they are not needed. Just make sure on the part where you select activate or not that you select not to activate if you are on official carrier.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

godette (2010-11-16)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

PwnageTool wants to know, 1) what phone, then 2) what firmware version (4.1). When you select a stock 4.1, Pwnage builds a custom 4.1.

Then no logos, activate, and let it build. When finished, follow instructions for DFU mode and be sure to pick the 'custom' built version in iTunes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

godette (2010-11-16)

Wow, just discovered some other gremlin....now whenever I turn my iphone off, my internet connection switches off too and I have to do an internet reboot...am wondering if the jailbreak is worth all this hassle. sigh.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Power hungry WiFi is automatically turned off, especially on battery ... and may with power if not in use.

99.999% of jb'ers have zero problems and love the freedom.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

godette (2010-11-16)

Actually, I'm very happy with everything I have after the jailbreak, so I'm hoping there's an app on Cydia that I can download that will allow me to reconnect with my dock? Is there something like that? It would save me the terror o going through another jailbreak !!!

one last question: what do i do when it asks me about the root partition size? And just to confirm: i don't have to pick any package, SSH or otherwise?

Whoopee...it's all been fixed. Kinda. In the end, I decided to try a 'reset settings' and it's worked, thank goodness. i can now play my ipod, and the dock problem has been solved by me connecting to the dock with a 3.5mm jack, just like any other mp3 player. phew! Thank you to all of you who were so generous and patient with your advice. It's really appreciated!
    Last edited by godette; 2010-11-16 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by godette View Post
    one last question: what do i do when it asks me about the root partition size? And just to confirm: i don't have to pick any package, SSH or otherwise
    Glad everything is working. By now you already know , but I will confirm the items you mentioned are optional, changed by those few who need it.

please help iphone 3g 3.1.3 base band 05.14.02 can be unlock or not ? please help me ????

Thanks

No you cannot unlock that baseband yet. A new unlock should be out soon after 4.2 comes out this month though.

oh so is there anyway to downgrade basband ?i try fuzzy but it not supportmy BOOTLOADER IS 06.04(G2M3S20)

Thanks

Nope 5.8 bootloader are the only ones that can download baseband.

Pls anyone link me jailbreak iphone 3gs ios 4.0.1 frimware 05.13.04 i was try jailbreakme.com is no work
    thank you alot

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It should, are you doing it from Safari on your iphone ?

Yes thank i got it now was wrong before try it few time then it work now. Thank alot

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Glad everything is working. By now you already know , but I will confirm the items you mentioned are optional, changed by those few who need it.
    Hello, thanks for confirming about the packages, but what about the root partition size? And I still can't get it to play through my dock speakers any more. Sometimes even when I connect the phone with the jack it still doesn't play. Thanks so mucy

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No reason to change root partition size, leave it alone. As far as the dock, maybe it's not compatible. Test other docks to confirm if any will work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast