Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone not working after syncing to ITunes

Default IPhone not working after syncing to ITunes
    Hi everyone

I am a little technically challenged so please bear with me. Here is my problem. I have a iPhone that I bought in the US and got jailbroken and unlocked in India. I was trying to get some songs into the iPod app on the iPhone. When I synced the iPhone with iTunes, it asked me if the software should be updated. To which I clicked yes. Once the software was updated iTunes said that I should get an authorised sim card and that the current sim (DOCOMO) is not recognized. The screen that I see when I press the "home" button only says "slide for emergency". I am not very technically accomplished and don't know what's wrong. Please could someone tell me what I should do to get my iPhone working again with my DOCOMO sim.

Thanks in advance

Madhu

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you updated to 4.1 then that means you locked your phone and there is no unlock for it yet (may be one next week depending on what iphone you have). To get past the emergency screen you can use limera1n or greenpoison to jailbreak and activate. Once done install cydia and wait for the new unlock to come out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

madhu.setlur (2010-11-14)

What iPhone is it?
    You should never update the FW on a software unlocked phone unless you know what you are doing.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

It's an iPhone 3G. How can I find out what firmware the phone has been updated with?

Same problem
    Now what do i do ?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madhu.setlur View Post
    It's an iPhone 3G. How can I find out what firmware the phone has been updated with?
    Settings/General/About/
    Version= is the firmware or OS.
    Modem Firmware= the baseband (determines whether it can be unlocked or not)

There area ton of Jailbreaking guides here on the forum, search can be your friend.
    Here is a link to a thread, download the PDF files in the first post, it spells it all out.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/729...breakable.html
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2010-11-14 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

madhu.setlur (2010-11-15)

Thanks

You can download f0recast from here: iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

Plug your phone in and this can tell you what firmware and baseband you have even if you are at the emergency screen.

Disregard the jailbreak tools I told you to use earlier as they will not work with iPhone 3G. For iPhone 3G to activate you will need redsn0w. What firmware you are on now will determine which version of redsn0w you need so run f0recast first.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Key in this code from emergency screen to see details
    *3001#12345#*

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You can download f0recast from here: iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

Plug your phone in and this can tell you what firmware and baseband you have even if you are at the emergency screen.

Disregard the jailbreak tools I told you to use earlier as they will not work with iPhone 3G. For iPhone 3G to activate you will need redsn0w. What firmware you are on now will determine which version of redsn0w you need so run f0recast first.
    Thanks everyone. I was able to bring my phone back to the 3.1.2 firmware and am able to access the apps. I am in the office right now and will need to go home to see what baseband I am at. I will post the details then. Right now I can view the apps on the home screen, but the phone does not detect my Docomo sim.

Thanks

Setting > General > about > modem firmware on your iphone will tell you the baseband.
    If your baseband is not 05.14.xx, then you can install Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock to get service.

Quote Originally Posted by madhu.setlur View Post
    Hi everyone

I am a little technically challenged so please bear with me. Here is my problem. I have a iPhone that I bought in the US and got jailbroken and unlocked in India. I was trying to get some songs into the iPod app on the iPhone. When I synced the iPhone with iTunes, it asked me if the software should be updated. To which I clicked yes. Once the software was updated iTunes said that I should get an authorised sim card and that the current sim (DOCOMO) is not recognized. The screen that I see when I press the "home" button only says "slide for emergency". I am not very technically accomplished and don't know what's wrong. Please could someone tell me what I should do to get my iPhone working again with my DOCOMO sim.

Thanks in advance

Madhu
    I am in the same boat !!!
    Tiny Umbrella shows that 4.1 is installed and baseband is: 05.14.02-6.4_M3S2.
    Last edited by gosat13; 2010-11-15 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Missed settings

Thanks

If TU show this info, it means you can only restore to 4.1 and nothing else.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

gosat13 (2010-11-15)

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    If TU show this info, it means you can only restore to 4.1 and nothing else.
    iTunes doesen't allow me to restore anything,asks for AT & T SIM card.
    I have T-Mobile.

Thanks

So you are in Emergency : you have to trigger it into recovery or dfu mode, to enter restore mode.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Setting > General > about > modem firmware on your iphone will tell you the baseband.
    If your baseband is not 05.14.xx, then you can install Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock to get service.
    Oh darn....my baseband is 05.14.02. What do I do now? Is there no way around this???

Thanks

Nothing you can do but wait for the new unlock to come out.

Nothing you can do but wait for the new unlock to come out.
    Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh

Does anyone know when the new unlock is going to come out? Maybe in the next couple of hours??????

Thanks

Once 4.2 comes out it will probably be a day or two after that.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

gosat13 (2010-11-16)

Once 4.2 comes out it will probably be a day or two after that.
    How do i know when 4.2 comes out ?

Thanks

Itunes will say an update is available, it has a different baseband, so don't restore until you come to this website and seek advice.