Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot Jailbreak 4.1 (Problem with DFU?)

Default Cannot Jailbreak 4.1 (Problem with DFU?)
    Hey guys,
    i never had any problems to jailbreak my iphone 3G. But now i updated to 4.1 and i canīt jailbreak anymore ! I tried redsnow, limera1n and greenpoison already but it never works !
    Limera1n : Iphone just stays in recovery mode
    Greenpoison : Canīt enter DFU "Try Again"
    redsnow : "Downloading Jailbreak data" then suddenly the programm stopps working ... (i dont understand if i am actually in dfu..?)
    I think that the problem is the DFU mode. I cant even enter it with the Dfu program (hope you know that one). Its just that nothing happens if i use it.

But ok, I can still use my phone, but without jailbreak.
    Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Best bet is to turn off the phone , press power for 3 seconds, home+power for ten then let go of power but stay pressing home and see if it goes into dfu and then run limera1n

Hmm , I tried now. But limera1n stays at "waiting for device". So he cant find it. Normally it should be in dfu ...

Download the latest RedSn0w from Dev-Team Blog and use it to put your phone in DFU
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Look @ 1st Post. I tried it already. The program crashes at "Downloading Jailbreak data"

Nowhere in your first post does it say which version of RedSn0w you tried, or if you used the DFU button in RedSn0w.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Oh sorry ! I tried it with the same version you gave me. It doenst work. The program chrashes.
    Hmmm ... Which dfu button do you mean ?

?? I choose my current IPSW, then he asks me if i want cydia and/or wallpaper etc. and then it goes directly to the "Waiting for reboot" ...? Whats wrong ?

You're sure you are using .96b2?

yes ...

EDIT : SORRY SORRY SORRY ! It was there I just didnt see it Im so sorry

And what shall I do when redsnow put it into dfu ?
    Last edited by MomoFalco; 2010-11-13 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Restore your ipsw

Or standard one if you don't want to unlock.

just want cydia. where do i get an ipsw with cydia ? snowbreeze ?
    Last edited by MomoFalco; 2010-11-13 at 05:14 PM.

You have to be kidding.

Hey guys. So i think the dfu mode is ok ! But still. Greenpoison still says "try again". Anyone has got an idea why ?
    Last edited by MomoFalco; 2010-11-14 at 06:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

same problem here

Will redsn0w work with 3GS on 4.1 with old bootrom?

Ana where can I download a custom firmware file since I'm running windows?
    Last edited by Jeffwo; 2010-11-18 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost