Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird looking ipod control

Default Weird looking ipod control
    Hi all, wasnt sure where to put this, so its here. Sorry if its the wrong place.
    So anyway, i just got my iphone 4 ios 4.1 and jailbroke it. Setting double click of the home button to open ipod controls when music is playing and it looks like this

anybody know what has caused this and/or how to fix it?

anyone?
    Last edited by tarrant; 2010-11-14 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well that's weird, that shouldnt exist on 4.0 or higher, that's when it stopped for meningitis my 3GS, now its double tap and slide multitask to the right

Are you using a 3G? I think double tap home is still in Settings->General->Home Button

Plead thank me on site if I've helped or given u knowledge, else please reply

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

tarrant (2010-11-14)

yup, but using activator, i set it such that the double click brings up my favourites list, and i think that brought back the home button settings option under 'general' where i set my ipod controls to on, which gives rise to that weird looking ipod control.

Quote Originally Posted by tarrant View Post
    yup, but using activator, i set it such that the double click brings up my favourites list, and i think that brought back the home button settings option under 'general' where i set my ipod controls to on, which gives rise to that weird looking ipod control.
    Again r u using a 3G or 3GS?
    What firmware are you on? 3.1.3? 4.1?

Activator will NOT make bring back the home button settings in Settings->General, so I'm guessing you have a 3G or 3GS(3.1.3)
    To fix activator problems open settings->activator->reset settings at the bottom
    This time dont set anything for the double tap home button in Activator
    Go and use the Settings->General->Home Button instead for that menu, you can still use activator for the other things but not for double tap since you have a 3G or 3GS(3.1.3)

Please thank me on site if I've helped or given you knowledge else please reply

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

tarrant (2010-11-14)

i'm using ios4.1 on an iphone 4.

That has to be coming from a Winterboard theme

Its an old string old Named General.strings it should be inside one of your current themes(Var/stash/theams/THEME) in Folders/Preferences.app it coup also be in bundles but I don't know the SSH location

Try turning off all themes in Winterboard OFF is it still there? if so try safe mode from sbsettings, is it there now?
    If it's not there in safe mode then it's coming from Cydia either as a Winterboard theme or Cyida Package

If you solve it please tell us what caused it

If I solved the problem please thank me on site if not please keep asking questions

Written from an iPhone 3GS in app lots of typing lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

tarrant (2010-11-14)

its not a winterboard theme. i have no idea how that home button preference is under general settings. know any cydia apps that can do that? i've looked under my cydia apps, nothing looks like it can add that there. so i'm stumped.

Try entering safe mode is it still there? If not then it has to be a cydia package

Enter safemode:
    Open SBSettings->Power-> Safemode

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

tarrant (2010-11-14)

yeah, its not there in safe mode. it surely is a cydia app, the thing is, i don't have any apps that do that. not that i know of at least.
    here's a list of all my cydia apps.
    1. action menu
    2. activator
    3. apt 0.7 https method
    4. attachmentsaver
    5. backgrounder
    6. bitesms
    7. covert
    8. cydelete
    9. enhancedtabs
    10. erica utilities
    11. five icon dock
    12. gpower pro
    13. iadkiller
    14. ibluenova
    15. ifile
    16. infinifolders
    17. iwhiteboard
    18. locktopus
    19. makeitmine
    20. mark read
    21. multifl0w
    22. multiiconmover
    23. myos
    24. no bookmarks
    25. nospot
    26. notifier+
    27. popup blocker
    28. privacy
    29. recent/calllog delete
    30. remindmelater
    31. sbsettings
    31. snaptap
    32. springflash
    33. synchronicity
    34. usbdrive
    35. voicemailblock
    36. volume boost ios4
    37. wifisync
    38. winterboard
    39. 3g unrestrictor
    any clue which of these might cause "home button" option under settings > general? it appears between "location services" and "auto-lock" options.

A quick way to find is open

SBSettings->More->Mobile Substrate Addons

Turn everything off and exit the app to respring, slowly turn stuff on about 5 at a time till you find the problem

Once found turn it back ON in SBSettings then uninstall it in Cydia, if you don't turn it back on some of the package will stay on your iPhone causing problems

Please thank me on site if this works if not I'll look over the apps tonight I can't right now sry

Once found please tell us the problem old app thanks

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

tarrant (2010-11-14)

Maybe 10 or 37 see last post for solution

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

tarrant (2010-11-14)

ok, i got it. the home button appeared when you turn off multitasking in myOs. it was sort of a clash between activator and the home button settings.

i set the double click home button under settings-general to open favourites and to open ipod control when music is playing. under activator, i set the double click home button to open favourites. so when music is playing, the ipod control pops up, with the favourites button within the controls. i hope i'm making sense.

on another note, i kind of like the favourites button appearing in the ipod controls, but its annoying that the play/pause/forward/rewind and volume control are not positioned correctly on the popup. know of any winterboard theme or cydia app that can give me that?

Bump
    I do not know possibly

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

tarrant (2010-11-14)

Hi, I'm new to the site but I am experiencing the same exact problem as you. I have no idea how this happened but I do know that this happened after I installed multifl0w on cydia. So I uninstalled multifl0w hoping it would fix the problem but did not. Hope this help.

I fixed it... All I did was respring springboard from SBSettings. OP can you try it out and see if it works?
    Last edited by PsychicSpy; 2011-06-26 at 12:40 AM.