Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Question regarindg firmware

Default Quick Question regarindg firmware
    Hey guys,
    I know you must get these kinds of questions a lot but I just have a question regarding the "SHSH" using TinyUmbrella, etc.

I have 4.0.1 3GS jailbroken and I'm planning to upgrade to a 4.2 jailbreak (when it comes out). I've read around that you need to restore to a custom firmware or so forth, but I mine is factory unlocked so I won't be needing to unlock again on 4.2. Is it still necessary to do that process using TU or can I just restore from backup on itunes and use limer4in (or whatever is available)?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Should be ok with that plan. Being factory unlocked then you won't have to worry about perserving the baseband.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

chkw94 (2010-11-11)

Thanks a lot!
    And just confirming, I bought my iphone directly from my carrier (Telus), so does this mean it is factory unlocked?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

From what I hear Telus sells them factory unlocked. The way to know for sure is to call them and ask. But I am sure I heard they are ones that are factory unlocked on all.

(From USA myself so not 100% sure myself on that.)
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Okay thanks, last time I jailbroke using Jailbreakme without doing anything with the firmware so I think it should be fine.