Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS unknown bootrom even in DFU mode

what's the first 5 letters of your serial number?

oh, usb deview: right click your device. it will tell you if it's in dfu mode (it says "apple recovery (DFU) device driver" not "apple recovery (iBoot) device driver")
    after u right click, find the selection "HTML report - selected items"

in the html report, look for the serial number. the end of the serial number tells you the iboot version.
    Last edited by jcitme; 2011-01-01 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

OK, you must be in dfu mode and use USBview to see. Check the config decriptor and hit F5 to refresh, scoll to apple recovery device (DFU)
    You should see something like this :
    0x0004: "CPID:8920 CPRV:14 CPFM:03 SCEP:01 BDID:00 ECID:000000########### SRTG:[iBoot-359.3]"

Quote Originally Posted by jcitme View Post
    what's the first 5 letters of your serial number?

oh, usb deview: right click your device. it will tell you if it's in dfu mode (it says "apple recovery (DFU) device driver" not "apple recovery (iBoot) device driver")
    after u right click, find the selection "HTML report - selected items"

in the html report, look for the serial number. the end of the serial number tells you the iboot version.
    Thanks for getting back to me jcitme. Serial # xx931xxxxxx. So it was made in 2009 at week 31, correct? When was the cut off for the old bootrom? I did upgrade to firmware 4.1 though when I first got this phone, so could this have also updated the bootrom?

With usb deview, I thought I was in dfu mode -my screen is blank, but usb deview says I'm in recovery mode. I'll keep trying to get into dfu mode, that might be the problem. But from what I've gathered on the internet, if my screen is blank doesn't that mean I am in dfu mode?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    OK, you must be in dfu mode and use USBview to see. Check the config decriptor and hit F5 to refresh, scoll to apple recovery device (DFU)
    You should see something like this :
    0x0004: "CPID:8920 CPRV:14 CPFM:03 SCEP:01 BDID:00 ECID:000000########### SRTG:[iBoot-359.3]"

Thanks iYeow! I read about this application and downloaded it twice, but every time I try to use it, it crashes. Then I learned about USBDeview (with an extra "De" in there). I got this from download.com. Do you know about this application? It keeps saying I'm in recovery mode (rather than dfu), when my screen is blank; I got the impression that if your screen is blank it means you are in dfu mode -is this not the case in every instance?

Happy New Year!

Update:
    Ok, so I'm 99% sure I'm in dfu mode (screen is blank). What I saw on usbdeview was a list of the different modes in which my iPhone was plugged in; it showed both recovery and dfu modes. For the dfu mode, after running the HTML report, its just blank in the serial number section. And if I look at the HTML for the recovery mode, there is no iBoot info at the end. Any ideas? I'm running XP, could this be the problem?

Update 2:
    After reading more posts, I found that missing iBoot info is a fairly common issue. I found one program called System Information Viewer (SIV) that displayed my iBoot info. I found it on post #48 on this thread: How to check your iBoot version in Windows (or Mac) - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums

I have [iBoot-359.3]. Looks like an untethered jb for me; hip hip hooray!
    Last edited by padgzilla; 2011-01-02 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to padgzilla For This Useful Post:

Simon (2011-01-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yup, you have old bootrom, and thanks for pointing out the alternate method

hey i have 3gs 8Gb SU i cant detect my bootrom its shown unknown device how to check i tried using usbdeview its not showed iboot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12