Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n failing 4.1 Jailbreak?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default greenpois0n failing 4.1 Jailbreak?
    Im trying to Jailbreak my iPhone4 and my iPhone 3GS, both running iOS4.1.

After greenpois0n goes through the DFU, i hit jailbreak, it does some witchcraft, then the lower button in greenpois0n shows "Jailbreak Failed " and the top button says "Quit. (Restart to Retry)". Usually leaves the screen on the phone white.

Tried a few times with both devices with no luck. Insights, anyone?

Yea that no big supprize use limera1n works everytime

Thanks

I agree use limera1n it worked like a charm for me on 4.1
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.~Peter F. Drucker

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yeah, i had a few troubles with greenpois0n and limera1n was always problem free.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Limera1n. Just wanted to add to the confirmation that it works great.

I initially tried to JB with Limera1n and I couldn't get Cydia to download. The Limera1n icon would do anything when I "tapped" it. It has the little "processing" circle below it. So I tried Greenpois0n, and I too am getting this "jailbreak failed" message.

So what now?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Which iPhone do you have, jamez1.

@puma.leaf; iPhone 4 - IOS 4.1 - Baseband 01.59.00

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Restore to 4.1 and try Limera1n again. If that fails again, use PwnageTool. If you don't have a Mac, download Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 and a custom 4.1 ipsw made with PwnageTool. You can find the custom fw around the web, or find westonben here on MMi and ask him nicely to send it to you I trust his custom fw but I don't trust the ones floating around the web, but that's up to you.

After you get the custom fw, set your phone into DFU with Redsn0w. You don't need the rest of the jb process to finish, just use it for the DFU part. Then shift+restore to the custom 4.1 fw in iTunes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

jamez1 (2010-11-11)

I was able to get this fixed. I got a custom fw from westonben, and was able to restore to that and then JB. I never was able to launch the limera1n icon, but Cydia was installed. I'm all good now. Thanks for the suggestions.

I can't restore my iPhone 4, running 4.1. It gets stuck on itunes at this point and doesn't move for about 40 minutes., so i unplug and restart my iphone. it's back on the home screen, still jailbroken. What can i do to fix this problem and restore my iphone?

@lochlan have you tried to restore to iPhone 4 ios 4.0.1? I had to restore to the original "apple official" ios 4.0.1 .ipsw firmware, then I put my iPhone 4 in DFU mode ONLY using that same original "apple official" ios 4.0.1 .ipsw firmware with Redsn0w 0.9.6b2. Then I upgraded using a custom iPhone 4 ios 4.1 firmware.

it's stuck on the connect to itunes loop now. So i cant do anything with it! :S

Download TinyUmbrella and "kick it out of recovery".