Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Un-jailbreak 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Un-jailbreak 3GS
    I have a jailbroken 3gs (greenpois0n). I'm having a problem where my home button doesn't seem to resond when I press it sometimes and this has only happened since I JB'd with Greenpois0n. Anyone else heard of this happening?

In iTunes it says my latest backup was today so does that mean I can't restore from that backup as it is a jailbroken backup?

Is it possible for me to restore some other way?

Thanks,

Tom.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

To remove your jailbreak all you have to do is restore (not a backup restore, a firmware restore). I have not heard of any of the jailbreaks affecting the home button. That is usually a hardware issue.

Thanks

Thanks x98car, sorry for my newbness but how do you do a restore without restoring from backup? The home button thing is weird because I had absolutely no problems with it prior to jailbreaking but I guess it's possible it's just wear and tear of the device. Oh well I've only got a year to go on my contract

Thanks

Just plug it into itunes and hit restore. Once it is finished it will ask you to setup as new or restore from backup, just set it up as new. If the home button thing persists after that then it is hardware related.

You dont require unlock to you?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Greenpois0n only jb 4.1 so you'd have to already be on stock 4.1 to use it. So I'm thinking OP doesn't need unlocking, or has already upgraded to 4.1 therefor can't unlock now anyway.

I've actually heard of the home button not exiting out of apps after jb, so if it isn't hardware related it could be a similar problem. Do as x98car says and restore then set up as new. Try Limera1n to jb instead if GP has given you any problems.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Simon (2010-11-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    Greenpois0n only jb 4.1 so you'd have to already be on stock 4.1 to use it. So I'm thinking OP doesn't need unlocking, or has already upgraded to 4.1 therefor can't unlock now anyway.

I've actually heard of the home button not exiting out of apps after jb, so if it isn't hardware related it could be a similar problem. Do as x98car says and restore then set up as new. Try Limera1n to jb instead if GP has given you any problems.
    Good point again, guess it is a little early for both of us huh

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sure is, let's go get some coffee and wake up a little

Thanks

Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.

If I restore my iphone, will I lose all media, phone numbers, messages, apps etc?

When I restored my phone can I sync my apps back to my phone or will it bugger up because my backups where from a jailbroken phone?
    Last edited by twalsh; 2010-11-11 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twalsh View Post
    Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.

If I restore my iphone, will I lose all media, phone numbers, messages, apps etc?

When I restored my phone can I sync my apps back to my phone or will it bugger up because my backups where from a jailbroken phone?
    yes you will once you restore the phone to factory settings. but you can make sure you have all your media contacts and etc saved on itunes so you can just sync once you get it restored.