Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Fail. Need Help ASAP Please?!

Default iPhone 3GS Fail. Need Help ASAP Please?!
    I jailbroke my phone last week hoping to use MyWi went on went to training in El Paso. The network in this area sucks so I never got to use it. I didn't want to reformat till I got home this week but this morning my 3GS just crapped out on me. I tried reformatting it and it won't even reformat with the original Apple update that I downloaded from iTunes. I used the custom firmware from PwnageTool and I thought it worked but now I'm stuck without any network and a greyed out WiFi option. I really need to get this to work by the time I fly back home on Thursday. Anyone have any options for me? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Did you put into recovery mode and do the shift + restore to custom firmware again.

Yes I've tried that method but ended up with an Error 21.

Thanks

Use exit recovery from Tiny umbrella

Is there a tutorial on how to use this? Everything I'm seeing is downgrading to 4.0.x I just want to go back to normal iOS 4.1

Can I use TinyUmbrella for that?

So my current situation is that I've tried both custome fw's and Apple's original fw and still no luck to get it working. The only thing on my iPhone is the iTunes logo and the USB cable picture (recovery mode). I'm constantly getting Error 1013. If I end up bringing this to Apple will the know that this was jailbroken?
    Last edited by eswank; 2010-11-10 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Have you updated your itunes to 10 yet for 4.1 firmware.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yeow was just suggesting you try and use tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery. You dont need to try any of the other features.

I have seen error 1013 before where you get no network and greyed out wifi. It is generally not a good sign and may mean that your baseband is corrupted. Take it to the apple store, they will not see it has been jailbroken since you have restored it and it is in recovery. Generally all they look for is cydia so you should be fine.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-11-10 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

eswank (2010-11-10)

@yeow202: yes I've updated to iTunes 10 and have had 4.1 installed

@x98car: thanks! I already schedule an appointment with Apple on THursday when I get home!

For me my iPhone won't let me restore nor update to 4.1 on my MacBookPro 10.6.4
    So I have to you another computer to update/restore then when it says wait 5 sec I plug it into my normal syncing computer