Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking iPhone4 with 4.1: Is it safe? ;-)

Default Jailbreaking iPhone4 with 4.1: Is it safe? ;-)
    Sorry for the film reference in the title, couldn't resist ;-)

Anyway, I've a iPhone4, it's kinda mission critical, in that I can't really afford (time or financially) for it to be out of order. I always said I would JB it, but... Well, you know how it is.

When Lr and GP broke i read lots of stories about this and that not working on the iPhone4, my question is, is all this sorted out now? Is JBing a 4 just as reliable and problem free as JBing the 3g ended up?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It is your choice whether to jailbreak or not. One thing you have to be aware of . After jailbreaking, if you ever want an update and jailbroken again, you will need to restore , rejailbreak and install your stuffs back as to having no jailbreak and just hit restore every time when there is an update.
    Iphone 4 can be jailbroken safely and always install paid apps either from Apple or from Cydia, then you won't have much issues on the phone.

As an update it all went fine.

Used GreenPois0n, didn't bother restoring the phone or anything, just ran the GP and it all went swimmingly.

Been running for a few days now and it's all OK.

Thanks to the GP team.

I had use both since first day of realease gp and lr, they never gave me problems, people who had problems is because they are to lazy to read

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Same here, I used LimeRa1n, and it works perfectly.!