Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adding Custom Packages in PwnageTool - Suggestions?

Default Adding Custom Packages in PwnageTool - Suggestions?
    Hi,

I'd like to create a custom .IPSW with PwnageTool (PT), to keep on hand for myself and less techy jailbroken friends to use.

It would be cool to create an IPSW pre-loaded with the Dev Team's ultrasn0w, Push Doctor and a few other greats such as SBSettings and Status Notifier / Reminder.

However - for well over a year the feature of adding custom 'Sources' (repo's) in PT has been broken. The inbuilt sources such as Saurik's and BigBoss work fine, it's the adding of additional sources which doesn't.

Ironically not even the Dev Team's own repo666 for ultrasn0w. Sigh.... ;-)

To get around this frustrating bug I did some digging. It seems (sorry, seemed) possible to fetch down the ultrasn0w bundle, place it in ~/Library/Application Support/PwnageTool/CustomPackages and voila it would show up in PT and get built into the custom IPSW .

That still leaves all the other apps such as SBSettings & Push Doctor but it's a start. Or it would be except **that** approach doesn't seem to function in PT 4.1.2 either! Works fine in PT 3.1.5 but alas no more....

So I'm back to the drawing board. What would be great would be a long overdue fix to adding custom repo's in PT (source code anyone???), but as that seems increasingly unlikely as releases come & go - does anyone have any other suggestions as to how this can be achieved?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

While I usually add only 1 custom apps, OpenSSH, I have had success entering new sources and refreshing the source app list. PwnageTool 4.1.2 appears to work fine ... but like I said, I rarely add anything but OpenSSH.

Personally, I think it's better to let Cydia run before adding major components (like SBSettings, MobileSubstrate, etc). The 1st time Cydia runs it performs some 'housekeeping' chores.

Can you give an example of any custom source (repo) you've managed to get working please? I can't get **any** sources to display a list of their contents [when clicking Refresh] not even the Dev Team's own repo666.

Sure, the built in ones work fine and isn't OpenSSH part of Saurik's repo? i.e; one of the **built-in** PwnageTool repo's?

It's adding custom repo's which has been broken for ages, say Welcome to NERV Repository or ultrasn0w.com - in fact anything which isn't on the included list of repo's in PwnageTool.

Steve

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If I remember correctly, when looking at the packages screen, I highlighted whatever source was listed, pressed delete, and typed in the new one followed by enter/return (maybe I pressed refresh, not sure). PwnageTool downloaded a list of the apps for that source (modmyi or iclarified). I also noticed OpenSSH was a old version and was able to update that peior to building the cfw.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-08 at 06:28 PM.