Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recovery Mode Loop/ Home Button Not Functioning

Default Recovery Mode Loop/ Home Button Not Functioning
    Hey guys I got a serious problem with my phone. It's been jailbroken with greenp0ison for about a month no serious problems or anything. Yesterday my home button stopped working and I restored my phone. Which is where the problems began. My phone is now stuck in recovery mode loop and the home button is also not working. My phone is still under warranty but will Apple technicians notice I jailbroke it? Is there a fix for this I can do?

Thanks so much

USe a program called recboot just google it. And it should kick it out just fine dude

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lineskis For This Useful Post:

knandez17 (2010-11-08)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No problem. From the symptoms you described it should look like a standard but faulty iPhone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

knandez17 (2010-11-08)

Hey I managed to get it out of recovery mode loop but my home button still is not working.... Will they be able to tell i previously jailbroke it at the store if they restore it and it goes back into recovery mode loop?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No. You're good to go --- really it's no biggie.

Can you tell it was jailbroken?

Chances are if you can't they can't.

Your fine

I don't believe it looks jailbroken at all. I have normal apps on it now, no cydia or winterboard and the theme is back to the normal iphone one. I have an appointment with the genius bar tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. Thanks guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Those guys at the genius bar are not real genius, they cannot tell as long as you do a stock restore. The real tech will be the one working at Apple assembly plant.