Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2g- dies after 5 min

Default iphone 2g- dies after 5 min
    I have a 2g iphone version 3.1.2 (7D11) with modem firmware 04.05.05_G.

I bought the iphone jailbroke however after about 5 min of non use I have to plug it back up to boot for the phone to work.

I went to jailbreakme.com and tried that to see if it fixed it and it still does the same thing. I have to keep plugging it back in to charge for it to boot up.

any help on this.
    Last edited by rflores2323; 2010-11-07 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Restore to 3.1.3 again and jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.4 but point to 3.1.2 ipsw. Check only the box install cydia and unlock. You can read more from here :
    How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

so I have to hook it up to itunes and upgrade the software? Will it try to upgrade to another version or straight to 3.1.3. Nice instructions however just want to make sure that when I hook it up to itunes it will only upgrade to 3.1.3 and not a higher version. Thanks

Thanks

Plain and simple, ur device is ancient already and 9.99 out if 10 ur battery is done and needs replacing

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Plain and simple, ur device is ancient already and 9.99 out if 10 ur battery is done and needs replacing
    LOL. you know that is probably it. the battery. Didnt even think of that. Also this phone is for my 2.5 yr old to tinker with. My 5 yr old has a 3g and my wife the 3gs. I went with a droidx to test it out and see the difference.