Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bought a 3gs, and it wont sync.

Default Bought a 3gs, and it wont sync.
    I have a iphone 3gs I bought from someone and I it has blackra1n on it 3.1.2/3.1.3 (I believe), and I when I try to sync it on itunes, it just doesn't want to sync. And when I try to update an app it shows the person I bought it from account, but I want it to show mine.

How can I get my 3gs to sync with my info, and still keep my jailbreak and unlock? I heard about updating 4.1, but I'm in Mexico with Movistar, so I don't know if I would lose my unlock updating it.

Can someone please help me out with a good suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1987 View Post
    I have a iphone 3gs I bought from someone and I it has blackra1n on it 3.1.2/3.1.3 (I believe), and I when I try to sync it on itunes, it just doesn't want to sync. And when I try to update an app it shows the person I bought it from account, but I want it to show mine.

How can I get my 3gs to sync with my info, and still keep my jailbreak and unlock? I heard about updating 4.1, but I'm in Mexico with Movistar, so I don't know if I would lose my unlock updating it.

Can someone please help me out with a good suggestion?
    As far as the unlock part goes... Most likely you'll lose the unlock, unless it's factory unlocked which I doubt. If you're going to update to 4.1 make sure you use pwnage tools to preserve your baseband but I believe that's only If you have a Mac, if not, you have to wait until Sn0wbreeze releases their new version. I can be wrong as I'm not a pro.

Thanks

you can google a custom ipsw created with pwnagetool (activated since you rely on an unlock) and use the newest redsn0w (link is on the dev-team blog) and restore to that using windows and maintain your unlock, if you have a mac just use pwnagetool as the previous poster suggested

Could you break it down for a little bit more I'm kind of new to this:

Look for a ipsw that was activated and created with pwnagetool (wouldnt that be hard to find?)

and then download and follow the instructions on RedSn0w? Which version is that?