Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Sim Installed

Default No Sim Installed
    We bought the iphone 4 for my son about a month ago. I am on ATT so...I jailbroke it with Limera1n and it was fine. On friday, he turned his phone off (for a test) and when he turned it back on it said No Sim. I did a restore and it worked. So I jailbroke it with Limera1n again and it immediately went to No Sim Again. I have now restored it again and its fine. Sees the sim but I dont want to jailbreak it again cause Im afraid it will go back to no sim and then I have to restore yet again. BTW, not easy to restore I get a message with itunes that i cant restore and somehow I can when I run tiny umbrella. I dont even know how cause I dont complete the steps by the time I look down its retored? But hey as long as it is restorable Im happy. ANYWAY, like i said Im afraid to JB with Limera1n again but I want it jailbroken. Does anyone know why all of a sudden the jailbreak is causing the No Sim Installed? ANy help greatly appreciated. My I4 is jailbroken and is doing just great....i dunno what the heck the deal is with his phone!

sounds like its hacktivating it..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

Martin0327 (2010-11-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Are you getting itunes to activate the iphone after the restore?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Martin0327 (2010-11-07)

@silent six....what do you mean by that

@x98car...Its connected to itunes and it asked if I want to set up a new iphone or restore...I just did a new set up so i beleive itunes activated it.

hacktivating is when it messes with the certificates <-- i beleive thats the right word to open up the phone where you dont have to officialy activate it through itunes which is for people without an official carrier sim card. which it causes the official sim card to not be able to be read

yes before i jailbreak....its good....says ATT and can make phone calls....

Thanks

It might be a limera1n bug. Use greenpois0n to jailbreak and see if you get that problem.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dotFIVE For This Useful Post:

Martin0327 (2010-11-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Hmmm. weird. Have you tried greenpoison instead of using limera1n to jailbreak? Or even redsn0w 0.9.6b2 can jailbreak.

^yea id try greenpoison to i never had a bug with it and yes i jailbroke with both of them..

Yeah....I was unsure about usin GreenPoison...no paticular reason just I guess cause I started with Limera1n....but I did jailbreak it with GreenPoison and it did great. We tested everything MMS, FaceTime...works perfect. Thanks everyone for your replies! I will make sure to Thank Everyone! Have a great night guys!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin0327 For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (2010-11-07)