Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with rejailbreaking

Default Need help with rejailbreaking
    Hi guys.

A few days ago my friend set a passcode in my iphone and even she didn't know it. Back then I had 4.1 jailbreaked with Greenpois0n. I had to do a restore in order to get rid of the code. Well I did it and no problem what so ever. But when I tried to rejailbreak my phone, it did it okay until I downloaded cydia and it wouldn't install via "Loader". So I restored my phone again, now the GP or limera1n won't do a thing about the jailbreak (and yes, I did everything like it should have been done). Then I downgraded to 4.0 and tried to jb via www.jailbreakme.com and it would just crash every single time. What should I do? Please help me I really hate my jailed phone. My phone is 3gs with the new bootrom and atm iOS 4.0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

This is very weird, restore to stock 4.0 and try again with Jailbreakme.com

I forgot to Tell that i got an error 1015 after the downgrade but the restore was succesful. I just cant figure out any reason why it wouldnt work

Thanks

Oic, 1015 is a good thing, use exit recovery from the feature of tiny umbrella to get you out

1015 will always pop up when the firmware doesn't match the baseband
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-06 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Correct me if I'm wrong but when I was running ios 4.1 I did the downgrade to 4.0 and it gave me the error. I had tts server on and was on dfu mode. Anyways I'm currently on 4.0 even tho I got the error. Doesn't that mean that the downgrade was successful? Or could have something gone wrong? How do I downgrade successfully if not so?

Thanks

Don't quite understand what u are saying. Once u error out 1015, you have completed the restore, jB with jailbreakme.

Apple doesn't allow downgrade, when downgrading there is always some sorts of error. 1015 is one of them. Don't worry so much
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-06 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I mean that I downgraded my phone from 4.1 to 4.0 with an error 1015. Now I'm running on 4.0 and the jailbreakme keeps crashing every time I try to jb.

Thanks

1015 means you are in a recovery loop but apple says you have to restore again, obviously in this case you just kick it out.

Did u JB from safari on your iphone
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-06 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

After the restore I didn't have to kick anything out cos my phone just rebooted and it worked great. And yes I tried to jb with safari. Nothing just seems to work.

Thanks

Jailbreak with limera1n

Why don't you restore 4.1 and JB with GP or limera1n
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-07 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Like I wrote earlier, GP or limera1n just wouldn't work. I start up GP, go to DFU (not the recovery mode) and then hit "Jailbreak now!" after that it just doesn't do anything at all, the progress bar just stays empty and the iphone screen doesn't go white for a second like it should.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you set up as new Phone or restore from a backup? Backups can cause problems with downgrades/restores.

With my 4.0 I set it up as a new phone but still it wouldn't work. Well, now I'm upgrading it back to 4.1 and gonna set it up as a new phone. Thanks for the tip, i'll try it out very soon and i'll let you know if it worked out

Thanks

Yeah, you must setup as new iphone

Ok I upgraded to 4.1 and i set it up as a new phone. Still the same thing with GP and limera1n. Getting a bit worried that will i ever be able to re jailbreak my phone again?

I will try with a custom FW now.
    Last edited by sokeri; 2010-11-07 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks

Are you using a corrupted firmware? Redownload the firmware.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Go download GP RC3 and jailbreak it.

To jailbreak a 3gs cannot be that difficult.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-07 at 01:05 AM.

Well see that's the thing, it's not the first time that I jb my 3GS. I've never had any problems with it before. And I did a restore back to the iOS 4.1 so I think it's not corrupted. Could you tell me where to get the ipsw as a torrent download cos my Internet really sucks and it keeps crashing like every hour.

Thanks

You can either get a Custom fw or build one yourself from Pwnage tools 4.1.2 for Mac.
    If you have Vmware on your pc, you can build one too.
    You can try this, I have not done this: pc: download snowbreeze 2.0.2 , use expert mode, under general unchecked activate my iPhone, build it and it is placed on your desktop.
    Once you have this cfw, run redsn0w 0.9.6b2 , check only the box (put my iPhone into
    dfu) and follow the instruction until you get into dfu, once you are in dfu> open up iTunes> shift + restore to snowbreeze_4.1.ipsw.
    Leave your official sim in there so it can activate after restoring
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-07 at 07:13 PM.

OK, i've basicly done everything that i could and it's still not working. I've downloaded multiple ispw:s from different sources, 4.0 and 4.1. No matter what I do, if I set it as a new phone or backup. Nothing just seems to work, GP and limera1n wont do a thing, jailbreakme crashes every time. What can I do? Is there a way to actually really reset your phone? Cos after every restore it seems to keep some information in the phone? And shouldn't it just work out of the box? Isn't the first that I jb my iPhone and it's worked like a trains toilet every single time. Please help me,I hate my phone jailed

And my phone is factory unlocked so no any unlockings needed.
    Last edited by sokeri; 2010-11-09 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Add details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast