Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to resolve error 1600?

Default how to resolve error 1600?
    hi! i have an iphone 3gs, 3.1.3 ofw. would like to update to 4.1 cfw. made a cfw using pwnage then dfu the fone then i got an apple logo. then i tried it again, made a cfw then dfu the fone. got an error 1600. how can i resolve this?

finally got it installed 4.1 cfw on my iphone. the problem now is that after the itunes said it will restart and will appear on itunes in 9..8..7... then the fone restarts and got stuck on an iphone logo? whats the problem now? did i miss anything? please help... thanks...
    Last edited by Pinoynoob; 2010-11-06 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Not quite understanding the issue you are having now. You say you successfully installed the custom 4.1 right?

yup! but i got stucked on the apple logo after the installation...

anyways i got it working! yey!

here's what i did.
    1. turn off the itunes
    2. create a new cfw then proceed to dfu mode folowing the pawnage
    3. after entering dfu, i start the itunes then i restore using the cfw i created
    4. the fone restarts then but got stuck on activation.
    5. since the fone was foreign, i cannot activate the fone. what i did was i run the limera1n.
    6. after the fone restart it was hacktivated already! now for the unlock!!! thanks!!

hope this would be helpful to others in the future!

mabuhay ang pinoy! yeah boi!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You probably shouldnt have run limera1n over a custom firmware. You should have just chosen to activate the custom firmware when you were making it. In any case glad it is working for you.