Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Jailbreaking HELP PLEASE!!!

Default Iphone Jailbreaking HELP PLEASE!!!
    Okay so its late at night and i'm tired so ill try to make this as short and detailed as possible.
    Alright so I have an iPhone 3Gs 8Gb, which WAS unlocked. But I had no clue it was unlocked so I accidently did a restore for the iphone and now its messed up, and when I start it; it goes straight to the ''Emergency call'' screen. So I tried using Snow breeze but in the end it makes me go into Dfu and doesn't do anything afterwards so I have to restore again. I also tried Black Ra1n I am about to try greenpois0n but I want to know do I have to unlock first? Because people say I need cydia to do these things, like one website gives me a file that I have to use iphone browser to insert into the iphone but only after its been jailbroken, heres the link so you guys can see it for yourself please help!

Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 3G 3GS with blacksn0w | Redmond Pie

thats one of them but I lost the other I will try to find it soon!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You must be at IOS 4.1 now, you have lost your unlock but you can still jailbreak with Limera1n

Limera1n can hactivate for you.

Once you have jailbroken your device, go check your baseband, it must be 05.14.xx which cannot be unlocked.
    Please do not make two threads, I have deleted the other one.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-06 at 07:38 AM.

Okay, yo say once i have jailbroken it the baseband will be 05.14.xx then how did you unlock yours because you said I wont be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by gamerzspot View Post
    Okay, yo say once i have jailbroken it the baseband will be 05.14.xx then how did you unlock yours because you said I wont be able to.
    Because he didn't use limera1n or greenpois0n

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

To be more precise , I didn't not restore to stock 4.1 ipsw. I used custom fw to preserve my baseband

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

gamerzspot (2010-11-08)