Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Cellular signal

Default No Cellular signal
    Never has this issue until now. Absolutely no cell signal-not even the empty bars to show how much signal should be there. All that's there is the custom carrier name I put in and the wifi bars-which works fine.

I tried a reboot and safe mode but nothing works.

3GS on 4.1 jb'd with LR. I have Auto3g but that made no difference but I was wondering if having it switching the radio constantly that may be messing with it??

Any suggestions would be great. Searched but only 2 topics came up and werent related.

Update-it came back a few times and then left again. Now it's back. ?????

Thanks

Thanks

so it corrected itself or did you figure out the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r View Post
    so it corrected itself or did you figure out the problem?
    It's been fine since about 7pm but it still happened. It's got me worried. Everything was as it should be but it still did it. Even said said No Network in settings.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have had similar issues with Auto3G. Its quite annoying

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I have had similar issues with Auto3G. Its quite annoying
    Ok so I'm not alone in this? I kinda figured it's Auto3g. Makes me wonder about that app. Can't be losing my cellular signal intermittently. I'm going to report that bug then.

I may consider the app that keeps wifi on when the phone is asleep. Uses less battery than 3G.

Email about Bug has been sent.

So the author has responded back and said version 3.0 will be out very soon, if not by today.

I also asked if this update addresses the bug in question-waiting for his/her response and I will update.

Thanks

It only happens to me when not in a 3G area. I have to use sbsettings and toggle 3G on and off to get the signal back.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

SepticTank (2010-11-03)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It only happens to me when not in a 3G area. I have to use sbsettings and toggle 3G on and off to get the signal back.
    Really? Thats a good thought. I will try that then next time. My fiance's apartment has no 3g (oddly enough) and it's always a full *E* signal. With that in mind, with Auto3G, it totally shut my network down. I do remember toggling the 3G toggle in SBS but I toggled it right back (never thinking it would take a few seconds to recover) but it by itself--signal came back. So I still think it's an issue that Auto3G causes, not to mention I had it off when I noticed and it's off now......

Watch for update....

Thanks

The issue remains even after uninstalling Auto3G

I've got this same problem. My only fix is to power down and reboot--very annoying. I'm as certain as I can be that Auto3G is the source of the problem.
    iPhone 4.3.3, Redsn0w