Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All Apps gone after AptBackup Restore

Default All Apps gone after AptBackup Restore
    Hi, guys,

I have quite a serious issue: After having AptBackup back up my Cydia apps I accidentally hit "Restore". I quit the app straight away and deleted it from the 'taskline' to avoid a further restore.
    2mins later: My springboard restarts automatically.
    Result: All AppStore apps gone, Cydia apps still installed.

The volume capacity information in iTunes shows the old apps as occupied space, but as 'Other' rather than "Apps".

Of course I could restore but then I'm gonna lose all of my app's settings as I did another sync with iTunes after the restore which was pretty stupid. iTunes only keeps one backup.

What am I supposed to do now? Is there a possibility to restore the apps and settings from the iPhone (nothing about the apps in SSH also, at least not under

/private/var/stash/Applications.UQ50Ev

)

As you can imagine, I'd be extremely thankful if you could help me out.
    Thank you.

iPhone 4, 32GB
    FW 4.1
    jailbroken with Limera1n
    Win Vista
    iTunes 10.0.1.22
    AptBackup 1.1-8

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

use iTunes to take all your AppStore apps off the phone. Then put them back on again, worth a try?

well, how should I do that? iTunes doesn't recognize them as apps. It recognizes them as "Other". So it can't save any apps' settings.

Thanks

iTunes keeps multiple backups in documents & settings/your user account/app data/roaming/apple computer/mobile sync/backup..

No, mine doesn't. I have no idea why but there's just the one backup...
    Do you know how to change that for the future?

Same thing happened to me today. Right now I uninstalled aptbackup in cydia and then just resyncing my apps in itunes. Hopefully it will fix it. There should be a way that you can reverse what was done accidently in the app itself.