Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Resupported4 issue

Banned
    Thanks

Default Resupported4 issue
    Hi, everytime i try install, uninstall and upgrade any app including resupported4 i get an error saying mobile cant overwrite a file to do with resupported4. Click ok and just keeps coming back. Have to restart cydia.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

There's something that's already installed that can't be overwritten. All it does is it keeps trying to install but fails because of that one file. Whatever that one file is that you see trying to install before you hit "confirm" when installing an app in Cydia, that's the one you wanna remove completely first. You can usually do so thru Cydia by finding that file and deleting it. Warning: if it is an essential file for your device, it might cause a crash or a complete device failure resulting in a restore. Only delete it if you know if isn't going to hurt the device. Also, if you can't find it thru Cydia, you might be able to SSH into it (or if you have iFile, use that). That far, I don't know how to do.

You might find that a restore is the best option, and if you do, be sure to set the phone up as new and not restore from back up.