Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Gets Stuck Restoring at 99%

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    How about resetting the network settings or wiping the whole phone and starting again once you get to the springboard?
    Once I am in the SB the phone still prolly dont have all that it needs installed since i just do a home and power button reset after it hangs at 99%. Then it shows me the plug into iTunes logo. Thats when i use an app to bypass that. Then i get to the lock screen, i then jailbreak it so i can use the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    What version of jailbreak did you use? Lime or Pision? The WiFi issue brings back some bad memories when Ra1n came out.
    It never was jail broken to begin with at all.
    Last edited by Jager673; 2010-11-02 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm confused. You tell me that you never jailbroken it and the above quote said you did??? What version is you iTunes?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jager673 View Post
    Once I am in the SB the phone still prolly dont have all that it needs installed since i just do a home and power button reset after it hangs at 99%. Then it shows me the plug into iTunes logo. Thats when i use an app to bypass that. Then i get to the lock screen, i then jailbreak it so i can use the SB.

Try it, it can't hurt
    Settings-general-factory reset- reset network settings. and if it doesn't work erase all content and settings, then start again.

I'm confused. You tell me that you never jailbroken it and the above quote said you did??? What version is you iTunes?
    The phone was never jail broke when it was in use. When I tried restoring my phone again i then ran into this problem of it getting stuck at 99% on the apple logo and installation bar. Which then i had to jailbreak it to get to the SB. I have the newest version of iTunes 10. Just look in the LOG that i pasted above. It tells u everything.

When you do the restore at the end do you ever get the notice your device is restarting in xx sec.

When you do the restore at the end do you ever get the notice your device is restarting in xx sec.
    No, never.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jager673 For This Useful Post:

Realmix (2010-11-04)

If you did your iPhone will show the Apple logo again and at this point it is loading the carrier settings.

Can you post a screen shot of where it gets stuck before the error message?
    Last edited by XFaega; 2010-11-02 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you did your iPhone will show the Apple logo again and at this point it is loading the carrier settings.

Can you post a screen shot of where it gets stuck before the error message?
    I was just doing that, nice timing. In iTunes it says "Restoring iPhone Firmware..." Both stay at this stage for 2 1/2 hours then gives the 1002 error.

Last edited by Jager673; 2010-11-02 at 09:42 AM.

Have you tried using tinyumbrella to kick it out of restore mode? I can't remember but there's another program out there that does the same thing. Also when you said it hangs there for 21/2hrs it almost make me think you might have a hardware issue.

Have you tried using tinyumbrella to kick it out of restore mode? I can't remember but there's another program out there that does the same thing. Also when you said it hangs there for 21/2hrs it almost make me think you might have a hardware issue.
    It doesnt even see it in TinyUmbrella to be able to kick it out of recovery. Right now its at that same screen as in the picture i posted.

Does anyone else have any ideas?
    Last edited by Jager673; 2010-11-02 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Restore it regulary in iTunes with the newest fw. When it give you an error and the iPhone goes into recovery mode, download and run a program called recboot on your computer and follow the instructions. Once thats done, just try to activate the phone using iTunes. Good luck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ericwall For This Useful Post:

thewallvideo (2010-11-03)

Quote Originally Posted by ericwall View Post
    Restore it regulary in iTunes with the newest fw. When it give you an error and the iPhone goes into recovery mode, download and run a program called recboot on your computer and follow the instructions. Once thats done, just try to activate the phone using iTunes. Good luck!
    That app is for OSX i dont have a MAC.

we are in the same boat. im also having this problem but stucks in 20%. i just unplugged the usb after 1 hour. now i cant even use my iphone. wont even boot

oh sorry

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ericwall For This Useful Post:

thewallvideo (2010-11-03)

Thanks

Yah'll plugged into the USB ports on the BACK of your pc's..? Not a USB hub..?

Quote Originally Posted by Cid6.7 View Post
    Yah'll plugged into the USB ports on the BACK of your pc's..? Not a USB hub..?
    When I load in a custom IPSW, it gets to "Getting iPhone ready for Restore" then it tells me to put my USB into a 2.0 slot, even though it is in the back of my PC. I then try to do an official restore with apples original fw and it doesnt give me that USB 2.0 stuff.

hey jager what happened to your phone now?is it working already?if yes can u teach me how?im were having the same problem. but mine stucks in 20%

When I restore with a custom IPSW within iTunes while the iPhone is in DFU mode using "redsn0w_win_0.9.6b2" it only makes it halfway through the installation bar on the iPhone and within iTunes it's at the very end of "Restoring iPhone Software" and doesn't go any further. When I restore with an official Apple IPSW it gets to the very end of the whole process and stops at 99%.

EDIT: What caused this to happen was one day I was talking on the phone and all of a sudden it went right to the lock screen with "Emergency Calls Only" and had no service. This happened when I was in the call out of no where. Then when I tried to restore it with an original IPSW it gets to 99% and doesnt finish up.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Someone must have some kind of an idea..
    Last edited by Jager673; 2010-11-07 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Then I have a feeling you have a hardware problem. If there is warranty, get a replacement.

hardware problem?omg so does that mean my phone have one to?because we have the same problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast