Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G 4.0.1 upgrade to 4.1

Default 3G 4.0.1 upgrade to 4.1
    Hi all!

My mom has an iphone 3G that is jailbroken on 4.0.1. It was jailbroken with jailbreakme.com. Her phone has been acting up where she doesn't receive incoming calls. We have AT&T. I was wondering if I click on restore or upgrade to 4.1 on iTunes will this break the jailbreak and not be able to jailbreak in the future? I want to wipe her phone in a clean slate and hopefully upgrading the OS will resolve this issue. Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It will break the jailbreak, yes, but there is a jailbreak for 4.1, so you can rejailbreak. Not as easy as jailbreakme but not too hard either.

You will lose the ability to unlock though, unless you use Pwnagetool. Since you're on AT&T, it's not a big deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    It will break the jailbreak, yes, but there is a jailbreak for 4.1, so you can rejailbreak. Not as easy as jailbreakme but not too hard either.

You will lose the ability to unlock though, unless you use Pwnagetool. Since you're on AT&T, it's not a big deal though.
    Oh awesome! Thanks!