Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: In need of Upgrade solution..

Thanks

Question In need of Upgrade solution..
    Ok please bare with me as Ive almost gone completely bonkers trying to upgrade my 3gs 3.1.3 5.13.04bb phone to 4.1 while trying to keep the ability to unlock..Although i dont really "need' to unlock it as Im on a official carrier..

anyway here's my story http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...1-3-4-0-x.html

I need another way to do this as JBme2pwn fks my phone to no end..As soon as I install it reboot my phone it goes black screen & stays that way until i restore back down to 3.1.3

There must be a different way I can jailbreak my phone while its on 3.1.3 so I dont need to use that jbme2pwn.
    Can I not use sn0wbreeze to create a custom 3.1.3 ipsw apply it to my phone & then doing the same thing for 4.0 & then 4.1..?

Thanks Guys
    Peace

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Get a custom IPSW that has been run through pwnagetool from a Mac user. (no sn0wbreeze for 4.1 yet). Sorry, can't post firmware links here. Make sure you trust the person otherwise you'll end up with your baseband updated.

Get the new redsn0w released last night/this morning. Use it to get into DFU mode (click the buttons and follow directions). Shift+restore in itunes and select the custom firmware you got from a friend. Now you're on 4.1 with old baseband.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to z6joker9 For This Useful Post:

Cid6.7 (2010-11-01)

Thanks

I just checked again & my iBoot is now @ 359.3.2 somehow in all the upgrading, downgrading it got updated somehow..

Screw it Im gonna upgrade thru iTunes & lose the ability to unlock which I dont need anyway..

Thanks anyway

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

NP, but for my method above, the iBoot version is irrelevant (I think). You just have to find that pre-pwned firmware on your own... though google could probably help.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to z6joker9 For This Useful Post:

Cid6.7 (2010-11-01)

Thanks

Okey doke thanks I'll try & find one somewhere..lol

Peace

Ok got the custom ipsw TY..! when I run the new Hall0ween redsn0w with phone plugged in,in "normal" mode & in DFU mode It says to please select the IPSW for my CURRENT firmware I select the custom IPSW? After I do so it says unable to recognize specified IPSW..
    Last edited by Cid6.7; 2010-11-01 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

After redsn0w helps you into DFU (select Just enter pwned DFU now), then you use iTunes to shift+restore. You don't use redsn0w to do the jailbreaking... only to make the phone able to accept the custom firmware. It is easier on a Mac but pwnagetool is not for Windows so you have to use this workaround.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to z6joker9 For This Useful Post:

Cid6.7 (2010-11-01)

Thanks

Here goes nothin

Thanks for all your help Bro mucho appreciated..!!

I'll letcha know whats up when she's done

Peace..

It WORKED !! 4.1 with 5.13.04

WooHoo Your the shizang Bro !!
    Thanks M8..!!
    Last edited by Cid6.7; 2010-11-01 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Np, welcome to 4.1