Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any news on 4.2 jailbreak?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Any news on 4.2 jailbreak?
    I'm excited for the 4.2 firmware to hit this month. I'm looking forward to the features it adds for my iPad. I also, would not like to lose my jailbreak. So I will update as soon as a jailbreak is available. Now, I know limera1n and greenp0ison both use a bottom exploit and allow the current devices to be jail broken no matter what firmware, but the software must still be prepared.

So, how long til we can expect a ready 4.2 jailbreak?

Yes limerain and greenpoison will both be updated for 4.2 as soon as it comes out or pretty close to it. Thats what ive gathered from what people say. Im really lookin forward to it also for my ipad

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

technically they won't need updating but because they have yet implement a hole to make it untethered it probably will be a couple of days to may be a week.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sure they do need some sort of updating seeing as they don't work with the betas. In theory they should but would be tethered.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

MuscleNerd has mentioned that they'll have a jailbreak and unlock out for at least the 3G and some 3GS within a day or two of the 4.2 release.

FYI I'm sure someone could make it work with the betas but there isn't enough interest or care. Not to mention, the betas expire regularly and the jailbreakers don't want people upgrading to them.