Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updated autolock?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Updated autolock?
    Installed it on i4 4.1 and it crashed. Uninstalled it but if I go to change lock time, phone crashes to safe mode. Emailed the dev but nothing. Since it's gone, how can I remove what it's done? Checked in ifile but it's gone

Thx

Nothing huh? Doesn't surprise me! It's mostly noobs that get help. Is there any where to find help for a non noob? Another site? Forum? It seems that I stopped getting help after I stopped asking dumb noob ques. Figures! That whole thanks crap is dumb
    Last edited by mj0528; 2010-11-01 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ok well that's kind of mean to say. Try uninstalling sbsettings and reinstalling. It is a toggle you installed and uninstalled right? If it's still giving you problems, the obvious but best solution is to restore. You can't do much with something that you already uninstalled and it still causes issues.

Thanks

You're asking us for help, but then complaining when it takes us less than two hours to get to your question? For Pete's sake.

Autolock on my 4.1 i4 is behaving normally enough (uninstalled it to test that too). If SBSettings and the like are up-to-date for you (couple of updates tonight), then a restore is probably the best bet if the toggle is uninstalled but yet still misbehaving.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    You're asking us for help, but then complaining when it takes us less than two hours to get to your question? For Pete's sake.

Autolock on my 4.1 i4 is behaving normally enough (uninstalled it to test that too). If SBSettings and the like are up-to-date for you (couple of updates tonight), then a restore is probably the best bet if the toggle is uninstalled but yet still misbehaving.

2 responses is the most I've got in a long time! Must of been the rant that got them. restoring now but seems that there should be another method than just starting over. I can't tell you how many time starting over is the solution. Must be why apple doesn't condone jailbreaking. a jailbroke phone can be a pain in the ***.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You posted in the wrong forum on a Sunday night, with a relatively obscure question where restoring it pretty much the default answer... you can't expect a ton of help.

And yes, the good thing about jailbreak is that it gives us full control of our devices. The bad thing about jailbreaking is that it gives us full control of our devices.

Thanks

Obscure, no!
    Wrong forum, no!

A lot of the good people like dhamien are not around anymore. Just a bunch of smart *** people that give no help!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My mistake, I did not realize that a question regarding a specific app crashing into safe mode even after uninstall was both common and fit within: "This forum is for jailbreaking, downgrading and upgrading your firmware, and restoring your firmware. > General jailbreaking, downgrading, and upgrading topics belong in here."

Thanks

See that is the smarta$$ stuff that is heard very often. Point made

And how is your phone going into safemode and crashing not related?
    Last edited by mj0528; 2010-11-01 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I don't see how you're not being an @ss. I responded to your post within 2 hours. I was going to respond whether or not you whined about not getting a response or not.

By the way, it's "must have" not "must of". And that's not a smart @ss response, that's correcting your grammatical errors.

Lastly, I already told you, once you've uninstalled something and it is still creating problems, all you can do is restore. I've suggested you uninstall and reinstall sbsettings as that might have some residue from the toggle, but you haven't said anything about trying that. All you've done is complain about how it took 2 hours (wow such a long time) for people to respond and how you think jailbreaking is a pain. If it's such a pain, restore your phone and don't jailbreak. Simple as that, you'll have no more complaints and no need to come to these forums and wait 2 whole hours for a response.

Thanks

I was originally throwing attitude since my ques always go unanswered. I stand corrected here but it is only since I gave attitude. Where did all the helpful people go?

Correcting grammatical errors is being a smarta$$.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    And how is your phone going into safemode and crashing not related?
    This forum is for people attempting to jailbreak, not for people having trouble with an app crashing springboard. I don't care that you posted it in the wrong forum, I'm just trying to help you understand why it took 2 hours to get a response.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Correcting grammatical errors is not being a smart @ss. It's helping you not going around saying things like "must of". If you can't tell the different between must have, must of, and must've, I don't see how beneficial it is for you if nobody corrects you.

If you're so pissed, find another forum or don't jb. It's simple.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-11-01 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Geez....