View Poll Results: How long til we can be free again!?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you kidding? apple's got the phone on lockdown now, it ain't happenin!

18 6.55%
  • 1 week or less

67 24.36%
  • 1-2 weeks

85 30.91%
  • 2-3 weeks

42 15.27%
  • 3-4 weeks

22 8.00%
  • More than a month

41 14.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll: How long do you think til we'll be back in business operating with 1.1.1?

Default Poll: How long do you think til we'll be back in business operating with 1.1.1?
    I'm just fine sitting back and being patient, still enjoying my 3rd party apps and mods. Although some of the features of 1.1.1 are pretty attractive, it's not worth it to me to upgrade and loose all my cool features! So just for fun, I wanna see what the general opinion of the community here: How long do you think it's going to take the dev team, or anyone else for that matter, to solve the issues involved in getting hacks and mods back on the phone with 1.1.1?

I personally think it'll be within the 2-3 week range. I base that on absolutely nothing ;p

i think in about a week or so but who knows they could come up wit one in a couple days

yea i want to know too
    i like some of the new features
    like double click to phone favorite
    landscape on mail attachment
    and louder volume if that really makes a diff

soda
    Last edited by soda97; 2007-09-28 at 06:32 PM.

No one has voted on the first one.
    lmao. take that APPLE. we're not scared of you *waves fist at apple logo*

No seriously.
    This update is going to, how should i put this... rape - us nicely.

The iphone 1.1.1 firmware is encrypted that same way the ipod touch firmware is, and remember that guy that figured out the little encryption flaw?
    His funeral is tomorrow. And Apple aint going to let him release it on the NET! nooooo... (guys...why not zipping it up as "MicrosoftVistaHacks.zip" or "ConventionalThinking_ForDummies.zip" and apple will never dare touch it! )

Looks like no double home tap feature do-ma-thingy for me! i wanted it so much too.

Its going to be 1.0.2 for a few weeks.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mofolo For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (2007-09-28)

I see no need to update. Nothing is really grabbing me away from my 1.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by s2k View Post
    I see no need to update. Nothing is really grabbing me away from my 1.0.2
    same here man, i rather stay with my mods

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

2-3 weeks
     Think Different

i bet they give up.... lol
    Hit Thanks!

due to the bricked iPhones of the unlockers I think they don't give up!

iPhone? More like MyPhone StrictlyBusiness's Avatar
    Thanks

I gotta question though If they update the third party apps, does that single out us users that havent upgraded?? Or better yet CANT upgrade???

Quote Originally Posted by StrictlyBusiness View Post
    I gotta question though If they update the third party apps, does that single out us users that havent upgraded?? Or better yet CANT upgrade???
    What third party apps? All the good ones are done by the modders.

Oh going by what Engadget and some sites have reported, 1.1.1 is locked up tigher than a nun. So they have some work ahead of them but before Christmas I say, just to give them enough time :P.

Yea I say give it a month at least, maybe 2. BUT I sure hope I am wrong and it is a lot sooner.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll stay with current firmware and the mods I have now. No good reasons to upgrade firmware. I'm happy with iPhone the way it is. I don't go to Starbucks anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am also thinking around a week or 2

Patiently waiting

whoever comes out with the first method is getting a pretty nice donation from my side of the computer screen

Thanks

It may be a while considering what Erica Sadun said, "Don't expect a jailbreak anytime soon."

Or maybe she posted this on tuaw in order to ease up the people in cupertino, but really, she'll release a new jailbreak tomorrow. *hopes* That would really say, "Take that Stevie!" and I'd just lol along with a lot of you modders out there. =D

Default there is not reason to upgrade, we have better stuff than the upgrade + we are free
    buy music from amazon mp3 store without any protection, what you need the itunes store wireless for?, I rather keep playing donkey kong, ninja gaiden and contra, having navizon, messenger apps, and customs icons and themes, finder, and access to my phone by ftp..... dont let them put you in jail and tell you waht to use and where to buy!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wax0 View Post
    buy music from amazon mp3 store without any protection, what you need the itunes store wireless for?, I rather keep playing donkey kong, ninja gaiden and contra, having navizon, messenger apps, and customs icons and themes, finder, and access to my phone by ftp..... dont let them put you in jail and tell you waht to use and where to buy!!!!!
    true very true dnt forget bout taptap revo
    "When You PushEd on hackers their gonna push back 10x as HARD"

sTeve stp smokin that apple and free my iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think it'll be more then a month, based on preliminary stuff posted on the Dev team's wiki.

I saw the news somewhere says that apparently the new 1.1.1 codex is totally different so dev team have to start from scratch...

even Erica said it might take awhile... bad news

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast