Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help needed urgently.

Default Help needed urgently.
    Hi guys, need some help here desperately.

I am running on 4.0.1 software and I jailbroke using www.jailbreakme.com - it all worked fine for a few months and then I started getting some problems.

I plugged my ipod touch into my laptop, as I always would, and a message came up saying "USB device not recognised" , so I restored my ipod, (via 'settings' on my ipod touch) and everything seemed ok.

Now the same has happened again even though the device is NOT jailbroken anymore!! I had the connect to iTunes screen on my device for ages. I managed to get iTunes to recognise the device and tried to restore, however I get the message "The iPod could not be restored. An Unknown error has occured".

What should I do? I want to get the device back to factory settings as I am selling it to a friend so I can buy the new 4th generation.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What should I do now?

Hold down the sleep & the menu button till something happens . . . have you tried to uninstall & install iTunes??? Have you tried every single thing in the book???

All I could think of is try to restore as you we're going, couldn't help anymore unless I was there.

Sorry if I wasen't that much help :/

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Since u jailbroke, did u ever changed ur hosts file to restore? If so, maybe you need to add a # before the saurik's server line.