Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS on 3.1.2 Jailbroken, but not Jailbroken :)

Default 3GS on 3.1.2 Jailbroken, but not Jailbroken :)
    Hello everyone,
    I have a problem and hope there is someone who can help me.
    I bought an second-hand 3GS a couple of weeks ago. At that time I didn't knew so much about jailbreak/unlock/SHSH/Cydia, etc.
    Phone status:
    - 3GS 16GB (MC131FB)
    - new bootrom
    - modem 05.11.07
    - ios 3.1.2 (7D11)

The phone is now jailbroken and unlocked (I say this because I have Cydia installed, and in Packages it shows that Ultrasnow was installed too). The problem is that I installed "inst..llous" on my phone to put some apps I had downloaded. But, in Iphone Browser there is no Library folder (not visible anyway) and it says that my iphone is not Jailbroken. How is that possible ?
    It was a bad jailbrake in the past, or ?
    The Iphone came to me like that. That was not my jailbreak/unlock.
    So, to correct that, I tried to jailbrake it again, this time with sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 and 4.1. Maybe I must thank God it didn't work (1604 error in iTunes) because it could lock the phone, I don't know.
    In f0recast 1.1 it says is jailbreakable/unlockable and tethered(maybe).
    What tethered maybe means ? And how it will affect my jailbreak situation ?
    The other day I tried to save SHSH with tinyumbrella and it saved SHSH for ios 4.1. Is that because I tried to jailbrake to 4.1 ?
    In Cydia, on the home screen it says nothing about saved SHSH.

Now, what should I do ????
    Can I jailbreak/unlock to 4.1 or 4.0 or even 3.1.2 but a jailbreak that works ???
    I attached some screenshots to backup my situation.
    Please, if anyone has the time and will, I need advices.

And sorry for my english

L.E. My bad. The problem with "inst..llous" folder is solved. It took an app install from cydia, and it worked.

The other problems stands. How to update/jailbreak/unlock ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenhunter_001.jpg   -screenhunter_002.jpg   -screenhunter_003.jpg  
    Last edited by mike_c; 2010-10-31 at 08:44 PM. Reason: L.E.

Is there a way to make an safe update now ? Without changhing baseband ? But with unlock possibility ?

Thanks.

Hello guys.
    One question. In my situation (3GS, 3.1.2, new boot, no SHSH, etc) will I be able to JB to 4.1 in redsn0w, and unlock with the upcoming ultrasn0w ?
    Heard it will com up in a few days.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mike_c; 2010-11-01 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost