Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A whole new area of hurt

Exclamation A whole new area of hurt
    I'm so angry and frustrated with myself! I have an iPhone 3G that was jailbroken, but not unlocked. It was running version 3.1.2 with bb 5.14.2 and bl 6.02. Through all the blog surfing, one blog said redsn0w would work, one said greenpo1son would work, one said blackra1n, one said limera1n. Well to start, since I wanted to unlock the phone I tried getting the 3.1.3 version on the phone doing the shift+restore then selecting the 3.1.3 ipsw. Itunes then said error 9 and the phone was left in recovery mode. I thought, ok well I can run blackra1n to respring it and get it out of recovery. Didn't work. Then I did the iREB 4.1.x-4.1 so it could patch the error through itunes so I could maybe run the 3.1.3 ipsw. Didn't work. So I said, ok well I'll try all the ipsw's before 4.0.2. Through this process I got error 21, 3192, and 9 again. Still didn't work. I got fed up and said f-it, I'll just restore without anything and have a phone to use for at&t. WTF Still doesn't work! So, Itunes recognizes the phone, but there is no info so I don't know what the hell it's running. Before the phone turned to poop, I noticed that the start up was different. Instead of a regular apple logo, it was a green apple with its mouth wide open, with it's tongue hanging out, and drooling. I thought it was a theme, but when I went through cydia there was no themes installed. Well, the green apple is still showing up before it gets stuck on the connect to itunes screen. What jailbreak would leave a green apple? I also tried tinyumbrella to exit recovery and it just turns the phone off and on and it still stays on the connect screen. I would be happy to just have this as a working ipod! Please please please help me!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Set the phone into recovery mode or dfu mode. Then shift+restore to a stock 3.1.2 ipsw. Then get Redsn0w 0.9.3 and jailbreak it. You should be up and running after that. You can't unlock right now.

If you're having errors while restoring to 3.1.2, run iReb before you restore (get it at ih8sn0w.com).

I'll try again with iREB, but I kept getting errors. *crossing fingers*

I think it's stuck on "Waiting for iBSS" through iREB. I did the offline version to see if that would work. So far it seems to not. Or does it just take a while since it's offline?

Ok, fifth attempt. I changed the usb port and rebooted computer while running in DFU mode. Waiting to see if this works...and great. Just got another error. What am I doing wrong?! I go through iREB (online) and (offline), nothing. I'm going to try iBrickr....
    Last edited by Melani_Anne; 2010-10-31 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Honestly, with so many errors, I don't know. If you get the chance, find Yeow202. He's pretty good with restoring and bypassing errors

UPDATE: I used my **** laptop and restarted with a tutorial through sinfuliphone blog found here http://www.*****************/showthr...t=46799&page=3. I downloaded everything and for some reason everything gets stored as a zip file. I did the .exe while saving, but it didn't work for the ipsw download. Before all this I downloaded itunes 9 because 10 wasn't installing. So after still being fed up from yesterday I just hit restore without doing shift+restore. I then FINALLY got the 1015 error (YAY!!!) so I continued with tinyumbrella. Under recovery devices to the left hand side, it showed the same question mark but now with different numbers to the side of it. Before it was 1114119, now it was -2144341975. I crossed my fingers and clicked on exit recovery. Viola! I got to the connect screen with the emergency slide and a message saying "No SIM card installed Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone." Through tinyumbrella it shows that I have firmware 3.1.3 bb 5.14.02 bl 6.2. My question: Will redsn0w work for the jailbreak or should I use something else?