Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: SSH time, guys and got a Q

  1. #1
    Default SSH time, guys and got a Q
    So I have a repo (Ispazo) that is outdated and keeps showing a refresh error. It's not listed in manage or sources. So I'd like to go delete the file.

    I have OpenSSH and I downloaded WinSCP (iPhone Explorer just flashed on my desktop???) as my desktop client.

    So I know I need my wifi address and I get that from my settings when I'm connected to wifi.

    I open up WinSCP and enter wifi address as Host---Then root as user name----and alpine as password.

    Now where do I look for this file? Never ssh'd before bit I wanted to learn anyways.

    (is it true the phone has can't have the screen black during ssh?)

    Thanks a ton

    Jon

  2. #2
    I'm not sure where to find this, but no you need to keep the phone unlocked for it to work. I keep locking mine by accident.

    After much searching, I don't know if you can. I've seen directions on how to remove problem repos, but I can't remember where. Google it.
    mod edit/link removed.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to akward silence For This Useful Post:

    SepticTank (2010-10-31)

  4. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Not sure but u might want to change your password.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to maddawg05 For This Useful Post:

    SepticTank (2010-10-31)

  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    I'm not sure where to find this, but no you need to keep the phone unlocked for it to work. I keep locking mine by accident.

    After much searching, I don't know if you can. I've seen directions on how to remove problem repos, but I can't remember where. Google it.
    That sucks. It's annoying but it causes no technical problems. Just want it gone. On this board alone I see I'm not the only one with this problem.

    If you find it, please let me know!

    Thanks!

  7. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    Not sure but u might want to change your password.
    Good point, thank you

  8. #6
    you can try and find it in var/lib/apt/list u can see all the repo there

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to vanki3ll For This Useful Post:

    SepticTank (2010-10-31)

  10. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vanki3ll View Post
    you can try and find it in var/lib/apt/list u can see all the repo there
    Cant hurt to look, right? Are my steps for entering the phone proper and correct? It would be my first time entering the file system.

    Thanks all....

  11. #8
    Yeah, you are doing it right.

    I wouldn't bother with changing the password.What are the chances somebody on your wifi is going to look into your iphone? If it worries you, then change it. If not, don't. It's more hassle to remember (and likely forget) a new password than to use the common one.
    mod edit/link removed.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to akward silence For This Useful Post:

    SepticTank (2010-11-01)

  13. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    Yeah, you are doing it right.

    I wouldn't bother with changing the password.What are the chances somebody on your wifi is going to look into your iphone? If it worries you, then change it. If not, don't. It's more hassle to remember (and likely forget) a new password than to use the common one.
    I actually thought of that likelihood. Hahaha.

    Thanks!

  14. #10
    It happens lol. Its a pain to reset too.
    mod edit/link removed.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to akward silence For This Useful Post:

    SepticTank (2010-11-01)

  16. #11
    Ok, so I ssh into my phone (not an ssh virgin anymore) and find the bad (outdated) Ispazio repos. I found two files and removed them both. I fire up Cydia but I'm still getting an Ispazio error on NO DATA 1 and NO DATA 2.

    Everything with Cydia works perfectly fine, it's just this stinkin' outdated repo won't go away.

    Thoughts on this annoyance???

    Thanks!

  17. #12
    Any takers? Haha

  18. #13
    Green Apple mickish1953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    ssh into your phone, go to /private/ect/apt/sources.list.d right click on the file named cydia.list, click edit, look for the source giving you problems and delete that line, click save and you are done, now reboot/respring your phone, log into cydia to find your problem gone away.
    Hope this helps

    If you are still unsure take a look at utube there's plenty of vids on there to help you out.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to mickish1953 For This Useful Post:

    SepticTank (2010-11-05)

  20. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mickish1953 View Post
    ssh into your phone, go to /private/ect/apt/sources.list.d right click on the file named cydia.list, click edit, look for the source giving you problems and delete that line, click save and you are done, now reboot/respring your phone, log into cydia to find your problem gone away.
    Hope this helps

    If you are still unsure take a look at utube there's plenty of vids on there to help you out.
    Thanks a lot. I think I got all the outdated repo out. I looked again and found another one by just looking in another spot.

    Not only does Cydia not load slowly anymore but it has also doesn't prompt for the broken Ispazio repo. Man that was getting old....

    Does anyone know if Ispazio has an updated repo yet?

  21. #15
    Green Apple mickish1953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Glad I was able to help

  22. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mickish1953 View Post
    Glad I was able to help
    Me too!!! Hahahaha

  23. #17
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    Does anyone know if Ispazio has an updated repo yet?
    I had trouble with it for about a week or two, but it's working for me now.

    http://ispaziorepository.com/
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  24. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    I had trouble with it for about a week or two, but it's working for me now.

    http://ispaziorepository.com/
    I'm afraid to do this again. Hahahaha. Don't want to get burned a second time. Seems all the googling I've done won't come up with a definitive answer on his repo.

  25. #19
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    I just checked now. It's working fine. But if you don't need anything off of it, I guess there's no reason to add it again.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  26. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    I just checked now. It's working fine. But if you don't need anything off of it, I guess there's no reason to add it again.
    Odd. I added it again and it said Not Found.

    No big deal though. Thanks for looking into it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •