Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Doesn't Cydia remember what you installed?

Default Doesn't Cydia remember what you installed?
    For some reason I thought Cydia remembered what you had previously installed and would automatically reinstall it after a software update and jailbreak.

Just updated my iPhone 3GS from whatever flavor of 3.x it was running to 4.1 and jailbroke with l1merain. Loaded Cydia but there is no listing of what I previously had installed. Do I have to manually search for and reinstall everything? Ugh! if I do...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hbelkins View Post
    ...Do I have to manually search for and reinstall everything? Ugh! if I do...
    Yes

Cydia does a lot of things, but remembering what was installed is not one of the them. Other apps like AptBackup or PkgBackup were designed for this purpose.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah AptBackup should have been used.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

If you have Pac-Man installed make sure you don't use aptbackup on it or you'll actually decrease the number of lvls you can play, I was able to start at 22 then I backed up and it went to 13

To fix this issue and not let it backup simply ssh or iFile to var/mobile/applications find Pac-Man and insert a character onto the end of the app name, this will prevent it from being backup, this process must be undone in order to play the game, be aware don't respring or hard reset while doing this though