Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Service after JailBreak. plz help

Default No Service after JailBreak. plz help
    Hi everybody.

Bought a iphone 3g yday got the phone unlocked from a shop by my sim card wasnt working so I rang up t-mobile who told me to update the software via itunes (BAD MOVE) it updated the phone to 05.14.02 and because the bootloadeder is the newest version im basically screwed i didnt know this until i done some research.

so after the update my phone went into emergency calls only mode as i couldnt jailbreak the phone to use as a ipod until a unlock is available i took it to a shop who jailbroke it again and it worked with the original network (O2) but when I put in regular o2 sim card it says NO SERVICE.

please help as to what to do.

Phone - 3g
    Version - 4.1 newest i believe
    Bootloaded - newest 6+
    Firmware - 05.14.02

what can i do to get signal? thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

So you are saying your O2 carrier is the official carrier for your iphone, am I right ?
    Does your 02 sim card has service on it ?

You mentioned earlier that you use T-mobile, so I am rather confused of what you are saying.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-30 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

O2 is the official carrier.

i unlocked the phone so i can use it on t-mobile.

I have a o2 sim card in the phone currently but it is saying "no service"

Thanks

With your baseband at 05.14.xx, you cannot unlock it to use T-mobile.

If you are still subscribe to 02 on the sim card, then you will get service, but if this sim card does not have service, it will say no service.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-30 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Green Seven (2010-10-31)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You should probably go kick T-Mobile in the @ss for telling you to update the firmware.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Green Seven (2010-10-31)

Thanks

Yeah, most representatives from both the official carrier and unofficial carrier do not know anything, we give better advice & are more knowledgeable than them in terms of iphones.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Green Seven (2010-10-31)

I know i cant unlock it till the new software but how do i just get my o2 sim card to work?

it says NO SERVICE on the O2 SIM CARD?

please help

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Do you have active service with O2 then?

What do you mean active service?

the sim card works in other phones but on this iphone it doesnt work it just says no service

Thanks

Restore to 4.1 again and put in your 02 sim card to test it out,only then you jailbreak. Such a simple procedure way to find out if your iPhone works on your carrier.
    If after restoring to stock 4.1, and you put in your 02 sim and it says not supported, then your iPhone is not an 02 iPhone, it is something else.

would i need to jailbreak after i replaced it to stock 4.1 even though im using it on the origial carrier?

Thanks

No , you do not need to jailbreak if you don't want to ones you have service.

Agreed. Common sense + this forum alone will answer your questions.. though nothing but waiting for the baseband unlock, assuming it's possible, will solve certain issues

I initially went to a T-Mobile store here in the states with my 3g. I heard they were okay with the iphone, if not supportive. The CSR was quickly weirded out when I started using the vernacular ("jailbreak", "unlock", "legal hacking") and tried to sell me a phone. A few weeks later I got a weird email from T-Mobile corporate telling me they would not sell me ANY plan, no explanation. Later I went to a RadioShack in a different state, got a T-M sim card, no problem, still had to use my ID.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Yeah, most representatives from both the official carrier and unofficial carrier do not know anything, we give better advice & are more knowledgeable than them in terms of iphones.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

^ either they are not smart about iPhone support or they intentionally screwed the OP over

I could see a T-Mo rep say "what? You have an iPhone and you want to use it on our service? Well just go ahead and hit upgrade!"

Wellll they would be silly to block anyone intentionally. They want your business, regardless of what phone you use. The employees are probably trained on sales, not tech, and they're not always gearheads like us. They probably sent me a threatening email because the troglodyte employee flagged me as a malicious hacker to the worst degree or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    ^ either they are not smart about iPhone support or they intentionally screwed the OP over

I could see a T-Mo rep say "what? You have an iPhone and you want to use it on our service? Well just go ahead and hit upgrade!"

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

When I was on T-Mo last year I mistakenly slipped on the phone and said I had an iPhone. He angrily told me T-Mobile doesn't have iPhone support and can't help me with blocking my text service. Maybe it was just me getting a grumpy rep cuz usually theyre so nice and helpful. Once I mentioned the iPhone he shut off the niceness and told me no to everything.

T-mobile are sending me a iphone 4g 16gb on tuesday for their mistake.

But this phone i currently have i've restored via itunes and still no luck it just says searching then no service after i put in a o2 sim card.

it is definitely o2 originally because the phone was purchased from carphone warehouse

nice.. now you have an ipod and an iphone 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Seven View Post
    T-mobile are sending me a iphone 4g 16gb on tuesday for their mistake.

But this phone i currently have i've restored via itunes and still no luck it just says searching then no service after i put in a o2 sim card.

it is definitely o2 originally because the phone was purchased from carphone warehouse

Anybody know how I can resolve the issue of No Service?

Just says No Service even after I restored via itunes and put in the original sim card for the phone on it's original carrier.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

If it is still saying no service after a restore and being activated with the original sim then something is wrong with either the sim or the phone. You are getting iTunes to activate it after a restore right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast