Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade and jailbreak

Default Upgrade and jailbreak
    Hey

I read the .pdf file in the "Are You Jailbreakable?" thread but I'm still a little confused over some things so hopefully you guys are OK with me creating a topic about it.

I have an iPhone 3GS (jailbroken with blackra1n) running on 3.1.2 firmware and my phone really has became slow lately. My problem is that I have downloaded something from Cydia that tricks the phone to think I am using 3.1.3 firmware (I downloaded it so I could use apps that required 3.1.3) and I'm wondering if this will cause any problems if I want to upgrade my firmware? Maybe it is because the harddrive is almost full, or because of all my photos that I have. Is it possible for me to upgrade to iOS4 firmware? I am aware of that I will lose my data. Also will I be able to re-jailbreak on iOS4? Is it worth upgrading?

What exactly will I have to do in order to upgrade/jailbreak my device to iOS4? Will I be able to keep some of my data? My contacts for example

Thanks a lot in advance
    Last edited by teamew; 2010-10-30 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you don't need an unlock, the you can hit restore to 4.1 and jailbreak with Limera1n or GreenPoison Rc3

can you just update to 4.0.1/2 with no problems? Assuming you have the shsh's?