Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hello chaps , i want to jailbreak and unlock my old 3g , few tips please :)

Default hello chaps , i want to jailbreak and unlock my old 3g , few tips please :)
    hi , after finding i cant do the 3gs yet on the other thread iv gone mad and got my selt a iphone 4 so now i want to break my 3g for my mrs to use on vodafone ,

so its a 3g on the 3.1.3 or .2

it modem firmware is 05.13.04

so what am i after and will it work ?

thanks for any help , ps this site is great btw , very helpful people

One tip which makes it super easy to know what to use & what you device is capable of is download forecast (should be able to google it). All you do is plug device into pc - run forecast - and it will tell you if your jailbreakable & what you should use.

I would recommend just going to www.jailbreakme.com via safari from the device (just turn wifi on if your don't have the 3G on). Then download ultrasnow from cydia. Remember to turn the device off and back on after downloading it.

I guarantee your jailbreakable, but off the top of head can't say if ultrasnow works for that baseband, but forecast will tell you

cheers , is that the one , im learnt so much in the last few days . im enjoying it sort of

Download iPhone jailbreak Forecast | CrunchiTech
    Last edited by toastie; 2010-10-30 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost