Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple ID disabled

Default Apple ID disabled
    Looks like I'm locked out of itunes. possible due to jailbreaking?
    I tried updating my password but that didn't solve it. I guess they are really cracking down on jailbreaking. Anyone have suggestion?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Whatever the reason it is disabled it has nothing to do with jailbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Whatever the reason it is disabled it has nothing to do with jailbreaking.
    X2

Yeah that's wierd I updated my password and it undisabled me it happened to me twice.

Well, clearify, jailbreaking shouldn't get your account locked. Jailbreaking isn't illegal, Apple can hate it all they want but it's not illegal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T0X1CAT3D View Post
    Well, clearify, jailbreaking shouldn't get your account locked. Jailbreaking isn't illegal, Apple can hate it all they want but it's not illegal
    While Apple technically can disable an Apple ID for that person being a jailbreak developer/hacker/user (on the provision that Apple can revoke any credentials to their system at any time with or without reason), you have to be pretty hot stuff for them to bother.

For jailbreaking specifically, I can only think of a very few special cases (Musclenerd's and maybe planetbeing's iPhone-dev.org IDs were yanked IIRC, Geohot's and Sherif Hashim's main ones were pulled too I think) that might not have even happened.