Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore needed cannot make or receive calls

Default Restore needed cannot make or receive calls
    After a long sleepless night of trying to fix this problem i believe that i am in need of a different point of view on this problem. So here it is.

I have an iphone 3gs 16gb which was on IOS4.1 pawned with pawage tool and using the ultasnow unlock, while playing NBA the phone suddenly gave me and error message (restore needed iphone cannot make or receive calls) there is no wifi and no bluetooth also so i tryed restoring to 4.1 jailbroken but the error still came up restored to 4.0 still the same anyone have any advice on how i can fix this would greatly appreciate it thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What errors are you getting ? Are you restoring to custom firmware again.
    You can use kick out of recovery from TU.
    Put your iphone into recovery mode and shift + restore to custom fw 4.1 again.

Default Still no luck
    The error message says (restore needed iphone cannot make or receive calls, restore from itunes) i have tried restoring to 4.1 custom and also 4.0 but still no luck.

Thanks

do you have shsh's for 3.1.2, if so try restoring to official and see if that fixes the problem, if it does use redsn0w or blackra1n to jailbreak and then use a different custom 4.1 and restore to that and see if the problem persists

Thanks

Have you put your iphone into recovery mode/Dfu mode and restore to custom firmware again.
    If it dosesn't work, then build another one and restore again.

Default Dead For good
    I believe that this is not a software problem has i have downgraded upgraded on both custom firmware and normal firmware, as it stands i think its the hardware, as the sim card is not being read at all when i put it into the phone even to activate it so it cold be that it over heated and whatever controls it has been fired there is no wifi bluetooth and no signal what so ever also in the about screen there is no imei no echid no version info what so ever it could be posible that it has

Thanks

If it has over heated, then there must be some kind of shorts circuit, a hardware problem is imminent. Sell it for parts on ebay and get another iphone.