Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS Stuck on Apple Logo After Jailbreak

Default Iphone 3GS Stuck on Apple Logo After Jailbreak
    hello

I have a 3GS on 3.1.3

I was looking to jailbreak it so i just googled and found Geohot's Limera1n jailbreak

fired up itunes and Limera1n,did the whole power hold and home and then home only hold

the Limera1n logo comes up and its loading for something and it goes off and then comes the apple logo and its stuck here

Limera1n on PC says its done,says it was Limera1n RC1b jailbreak and thanks to Comex

what should i do?

i tried the restore thing in itunes but it gives a warning that with the restoring process it will update to the latest software which i don't want cause i don't know whether the latest iOS and baseband has been jailbroken or not

now i am doing some research and found out Limera1n was not made for 3.1.3

am i in alot trouble? -please help

Thanks

without shsh's you can only restore to the latest firmware, if the phone has never been jailbroken then you won't have any shsh's on cydia unless you by some chance used tinyumbrella to save your shsh's at any point, another option is if you bought it used or refurbished the previous owner might have jailbroken it and saved them, download tinyumbrella and connect your phone, once connected select it in the left panel and hit save shsh's, if there are any then tinyumbrella will save whichever ones it can and we can go from there on fixing your problem
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-10-28 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    without shsh's you can only restore to the latest firmware, if the phone has never been jailbroken then you won't have any shsh's on cydia unless you by some chance used tinyumbrella to save your shsh's at any point, another option is if you bought it used or refurbished the previous owner might have jailbroken it and saved them, download tinyumbrella and connect your phone, once connected select it in the left panel and hit save shsh's, if there are any then tinyumbrella will save whichever ones it can and we can go from there on fixing your problem
    nah it was the first time i was jailbreak it and it is new

but can you tell me where i made a mistake and is limera1n for 3.1.3

isn't there any other way to start it?

also if i update it,is the latest firmware jailbroken and unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by foobyde View Post

4.1 is jailbreakable but NOT UNLOCKABLE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foobyde View Post

no limera1n isn't for 3.1.3 only 4.0 - 4.1, when you say new do you mean you bought it new?

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    no limera1n isn't for 3.1.3 only 4.0 - 4.1, when you say new do you mean you bought it new?
    yeah

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    4.1 is jailbreakable but NOT UNLOCKABLE
    any idea when its coming

also isn't there any way to update it to any other firmware with any tools
    Last edited by foobyde; 2010-10-28 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Limera1n does actually work great when I've used it but I've only used it on devices that had 4.0 or newer. Since you're stuck on the apple logo I would just google 4.0 firmware and download the 4.0 firmware from Redmond pie, it should be the first website that comes up, there will be a link for 4.0, download 4.0 and put it on your desktop. Connect your iPhone to iTunes and hold shift then click restore and you'll be able to restore to 4.0 then use limera1n to jailbreak, your modem firmware shouldn't go past 5.13.xx so you'll still be able to unlock with ultrasn0w if you wish to do so.

Your not going to be able to restore to 4.0 or anything less than 4.1 (which is the only firmware apple is signing now) without SHSH on file. Since you bought the phone new, and it has never been jailbroken, I'd bet against any being on file ... but ... like j3st3r3 said above, go get TinyUmbrella and run it and see.

But, I could have sworn there was a link to a guide to upgrade to 4.1 WITHOUT updating the baseband ...

^^^^^
    {EDIT: Nevermind, a quick search told me that can only be done on an iPhone 4)
    Last edited by BumbleBeez; 2010-10-28 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Preserve baseband only for iP4

Thanks

I restored a 3g from 3.0 to 3.1.3 using shift+restore in iTunes. I did save shsh with tiny umbrella before I restored though.

Thanks

a 3G doesn't require shsh's below 4.0, the OP has a 3GS, shsh's are required for all firmwares

Thanks

@foobyde Is your 3gs currently activated? Also does iTunes say it in recovery mode when you connect?

@j3st3r3 Can't the OP use tiny umbrella to save shsh's then restore to 4.0? Assuming he's out of recovery mode and doesn't need activated.
    Last edited by iPittsburgh; 2010-10-29 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

you can only save shsh's for the firmware that apple is currently signing, which at this point is 4.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've used limera1n jailbreak on my 3gs 3.1.3 05.12.01, limera1n shows done, and on phone i got limera1n logo and went reboot after that it's stuck at apple logo. what to do. also i don't have official sim. how can i jailbrake and unlock

Quote Originally Posted by al.moorthi View Post
    i've used limera1n jailbreak on my 3gs 3.1.3 05.12.01, limera1n shows done, and on phone i got limera1n logo and went reboot after that it's stuck at apple logo. what to do. also i don't have official sim. how can i jailbrake and unlock

so you did the same as myself

post any updates you get here

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/736...-dfu-mode.html

we can help each other

Quote Originally Posted by iPittsburgh View Post
    @foobyde Is your 3gs currently activated? Also does iTunes say it in recovery mode when you connect?
    yes its activated

and no it doesn't say my phone is in recovery but i can get it into recovering mode manually
    Last edited by foobyde; 2010-11-11 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You havenn't solved your problem yet?

If you are screwed at 3.1.3 , then your only chance is to restore to a stock firmware with shsh blogs or restore to a custom firmware and does not require shsh blogs.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-11 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

but previously i had the unlocked with this phone, due some infiniboard cydia app phone went to black screen, and i was able to do restore original 3.1.3 firmware. after that limera1n done and phone went into boot loop stuck at apple logo. how can i jailbreak/unlock now. plz help me

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Restore to 3.1.3 again. Do you have the official sim. Don't use limera1n at 3.1.3, use spirit or jailbreakme 2.0 from Safari on your iphone to jailbreak.
    Both Spirit and jailbreakme requires your iphone to be at Home Screen, meaning you will need an official sim to trigger it