Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying To Wipe Clean Without Losing Jailbreak & Unlock

Default Trying To Wipe Clean Without Losing Jailbreak & Unlock
    I have sold my iPhone 3G and I am attempting to wipe clean but I do not want to lose its Jailbreak nor unlock. Can someone please assist? Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Unsync all your stuff. You'll have to manually uninstall all the Cydia apps.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Also make sure you do not use the erase all media setting in settings. That will cause you to go in boot loop if you do and you will have to restore.

There is two ways go to cydia an look for iwipe or look for iErase app from app store ***

Unforunately, I did just what you suggested me not to do. Sorry as I didn't expect such a quick response as I was attempting to ship it yesterday. I should have been just a bit more patient. All of your suggestions definitely were useful if I haven't already moved forward. Here is the update thus far, can ANYONE please help me? I will wait and ship late this evening. Thank you.

Someone purchased my old 3G from me and I have tried to clear it out of my information. Jailbroken and unlocked (at the time), I tried just resetting all settings on my phone. Didn't work because my phone numbers were still there. I am to ship this today and now I have that connect to Itunes error picture.

When I did so, I thought that restoring it would fix the issue. Same image still shows me to connect and iTunes then says to restore. I am worried now because without realizing it, it restored and updated my software to 4.1. But the connect to itunes image won't allow me to see the update if it was successful or not.

Someone purchased my phone off of eBay and I want to keep my good name as it is at 100%. Is my phone broken or can this be resolved? I was only trying to clean it of my 4000 pictures and 500 contacts and emails.

I need it restored, jailbroken and unlocked. I have limerain waiting to place on it. Thank you in advance.

Please advise.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You Basically screwed yourself by updating to 4.1. There is no unlock for 4.1. To activate it you can use redsn0w 0.9.6. A new unlock is supposedly coming out a short time after 4.2 is released which will be sometime in November.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Ms Lola Bunny (2010-10-28)

Yea I didn't want to UPDATE but it said I had to restore and update to 4.1. Thank you for your help X98car. So, first thing first: To activate what? To make it show my homescreen you mean? I guess I will give the customer the option for their money back or if they have AT&T, they are still good. What good website is out there for me to grab this redsn0w? Thanks again for your help.