Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Did you know the answer to this?

1 50.00%
  • Did you want to know the same thing?

1 50.00%
  • Would you take the back door?

0 0%
  • Would you be willing to be the first to try clicking upgrade?

0 0%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crypt Keepers.... Tell us what our iDevices future holds... we are confused!!

Default Crypt Keepers.... Tell us what our iDevices future holds... we are confused!!
    Hey fellas,

Amanda and Kevin here,

We are wondering: With all these new jailbreaks that are "forever" jailbreaks and what not.... how do we know what to do when update time comes if they are "forever" jailbreaks.

That was confusing, what we mean is, it seems odd that we would just plug up to itunes and click update ( something we have been diligently and strictly forbidden to do since the very first days of JB and UL. It's like all of a sudden, one day I tell Kevin he can come in the back door, I have told him for 6 years, I DONT DO THAT, all of a sudden one day I say " hey babe, get behind me"

It would be too much for him to comprehend, if anything he would be so scared from all the fights and screaming and yelling in the past, his nerve wouldnt let him try it. Maybe that's a bad example.

Kevin: Yea that's a bad example, because if she said to do it, I would jump at the chance.

Amanda: Whatever, point is made.

So tell us, an iPad with Limera1n, an Iphone 3g with 3.1.2 using pwnage UL and JB and an iPhone 4 on 4.1 using Pwnage JB and still Unlocked, would these devices have a forceable or known upgrade method that would differ form our years of jailbreaks, restores, DFU's etc.

Has time come for us to be like everyone else and enjoy the comforts of a simple upgrade click?

November is a few days away, 4.2 is on it's way and the ipad is about to get the upgrade of it's life.
    Kevin: aren't they going to charge for the 4.X update on ipad? I thought I read here that 3.2.2 was the last free upgrade?

Amanda: I doubt something like that, besides.... this would be the first place to post a free version of it $600 and then pay for upgrades.... its not a macbook pro, Snow leopard upgrade was $30

help us out!

Kevin and I take PM messages and love to make friends

::::::::::::::KEVIN MESSED UP THE POLL, JUST CLICK THE OPTION IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES , IE "YES i NEW THE ANSWER" " yES i ALSO WANTED TO KNOW THIS ANSWE, yES i'D TAKE THE BACK DOOR" IT'S STUPID, HE'S STUPID, IGNORE IT!
    MODS IF YOU CAN REMOVE IT, PLEASE DO, I TRIED AND COULDN'T. :::::::::
    Last edited by mADMAN8; 2010-10-27 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

what is meant by a "forever" jailbreak is the exploit that is being used can only be fixed by a hardware update, so as long as you keep the current device it will be able to be jailbroken on all future firmware updates once the jailbreak app devs update their app to include support for the newest firmware release, as for unlocks they are never forever if you just click the update button in iTunes, you will have to update using a method that preserves the baseband to keep an unlock forever

So our only difference is that when 4.2 comes out, we will still have to wait for jailbreak software, but this time we will know, unequivically that it WILL be jailbroken, because we have a forever jailbreak? What's the point, this doesnt make lime ra1n or green poison all that different, it just means the devs themselves have found an unpatchable hole... our devices themselves are not Forever jailbroken, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The exploit is unpatchable by a software update. You will soon see a hardware revision off the assembly line that will make newer iPhone 4's and 3GS unable to be jailbroken similar to what happened last year with the 3GS.. there was an early production run that was exploitable and then after production week 39 it was patched.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The device will always at least be able to be tethered jailbroken. If you're already jailbroken, it's even easier for you to load a custom firmware as updatescare released.

Yes, they have to update the software for each update, but since the exploit is the same, the software usually comes out immediately. Otherwise you have to find a new exploit, which can take time, assuming it exists. In this case, the primary exploit is in the hardware, which cannot be changed in existing devices, so the are able to be jail broken forever.

Thank you fir the humor in your post!