Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: *urgent help needed*

Default *urgent help needed*
    Hey everyone, I just installed Infinifolders on my iphone4 4.1, I tested it by putting 13 icons instead of the max of 12, but now when I click that specific folder with 13 icons, my entire phone goes black screen. Is there a way to fix this? Can I possibly remove the infinifolder I just downloaded and fix everything? And if worse comes to worse, will I be able to delete that entire folder of apps instead of letting it just sit there and have no use?

Help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Go into cydia / packages/ you will be able to delete any app you have installed or install cydelete though cydia which let's you uninstall any apps in springboard just like you would normally with the small x above icon.

Hey I tried removing the package. It did remove the infinifolders but when I tried to open my folder that has 13 apps it still goes blank. Is there any way to pull one app out of there to fix this? And when I slide to the very left of the iPhone which is the search place I can still play the apps in that folder ( if this info helps)

Help if u can plZ!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Try installing categories, and then make a folder and put the missing apps inside the new folder and reboots. All your missinig icons might come back onto your springboard.
    Once it is back, you can move back the icons in categories folder and uninstall categories again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

On99 (2010-10-27)

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Try installing categories, and then make a folder and put the missing apps inside the new folder and reboots. All your missinig icons might come back onto your springboard.
    Once it is back, you can move back the icons in categories folder and uninstall categories again.
    Hey thanks for replying. But it's not that my apps are missing. It's just that one of them is " trapped" inside one the folder Do u still want me to get categories and put that entire folder inside ?

And for cydelete is it possible to delete an entire folder?cuz if I try to delete it normally it wants me to drag out the apps and then delete them one by one ( which I can't do because of the blackscreen when I click that folder )

Thanks

I have not used cydelete before, categories also do the same thing, you have to empty it before you can delete the folder. Give it a shot and see how it goes.

Sorry for double posting but would it be possible to load u ssh and remove an app there? I'm not quite sure if u can do that

Thanks

Make sure you do a reboot too

Yes, you can ssh into the phone and remove the xxxx.apps in the application folder, I forgot the directory.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-27 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

On99 (2010-10-27)

Finally worked! Godbless you yeow!!

Thanks

Cool,
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-27 at 08:44 PM.