Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help syncing jailbroken Iphone

Default Need help syncing jailbroken Iphone
    I just jailbreaked my iphone 3g (running 4.1) using pwnage tool 4.1, and id really like to get all my contacts, pictures, music back.

My phone is not being recognized in Itunes, i think i could get it to recognize if i manually reset the phone or something, but i think that would delete the jailbreak.

And ive had this problem before with a different phone where everytime i restored to get my contacts etc back it would delete the jb.

what do i do?

Thanks

So when you plug it into iTunes, simply nothing happens? If you open up iTunes after plugging in the iPhone, it's not listed under devices?

Try doing a hard reset while the phone is plugged in. See if it shows up afterward.

You can also try restarting the Apple Mobile Device service.
    iTunes: How to remove and reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Service on Mac OS X - Mac
    iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: How to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows - Windows

so doing the hard reset worked, itunes recognized it. now Itunes is telling me i need to restore it. When i Jailbroke the phone, i restored it from the ipsw that pwnage tool built for me, i feel like if i restore it from my most recent restore (which would put all my music and contacts and stuff back on) then i will lose the jailbreak, what do i do?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Whenever you do a restore, everything will be wiped out. To get it back, you can sync back all your contacts, photos and music back from Itunes. Contacts and photos are already in your pc if you have already synced it prior to the restore. You have to check the box and sync. I don't see why you cannot do that.