Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Programs Questions

Question Cydia Programs Questions
    I few days ago I performed the Limera1n jailbreak on my iphone 4. While browsing through Cydia I noticed that for 1/4 of the apps, you have to buy them.

What's the deal with selling NES SNES GENSIS emulators and other Apps that everyone would enjoy? I thought Jailbreaking was supposed to be freedom from the Apple Machine?

Can anybody tell me why they are selling apps on Cydia instead of being free like they all were in installer?

I will admit that if I have to buy the applications I will but it is frustrating to see that everone is trying to capitalize on the jailbreaking....

I do not mean to offend any of the hardworking people that make these apps available. I just want to understand why we have to pay for everything..

Thanks

the purpose of jailbreaking is not get free stuff, it is to open the device for the end user, it is also to free the device from apple control and to open it to other app/game/tweek/theme developers, whether they choose to provide those items for free or charge is totally up to them

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

The purpose of jailbreak is for you to gain access to the roots of your iphone and you have total control over the phone, you can do theming and customizing other stuffs, some free stuffs which apple doesn't allow, or some paid stuffs that apple doesn't allow.
    In this world , every developers needs to make money, not everything is free, you have to purchase it for a small price if you think you like it.