Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!!

Default Help!!!
    Hello,
    Ok so I keep getting this error everytime I load cydia:

GPG error: cannot fetch data, cannot read signatures

I know it's because I misspelled a source, and when I googled it says to use cyber duck. How exactly do I use cyberduck? And is this something I can do on my iPhone, or do I need to use my laptop and connect the IPhone to it??!!
    Thanks!! I'm so frustrated and just ready to restore!!!!!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Cyberduck is for Mac.

That doesn't look like a repo error. I could be wrong.

I'd recommend a restore and rejailbreak if you can.

If you're sure it's a repo error, Google up Cyfix and how to use it. You'll need to know the exact repo URL that you think is causing the problem tho and it looks like the error you showed here isn't a repo error. So...I'm not so sure Cyfix will do anything for you.

Ok I think I just made it worse
    I was a bit inpatient and tried to reinstall cydia, now it keeps telling me to upgrade, buy when I go to upgrade it says I will be removing essential packages which could be harmful if removed!!??!
    If I do a restore do I loose everything? All my pictures, texts, contacts?? I'm kind off freaking out but I think this is my only option!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah manually reinstalling Cydia or running a jailbreak over the jailbroken phone will do that...

You will lose your stuff if you restore. I don't recommend restoring from back up cuz it'll carry over the same problem so you'll have to set up as new.

Save your photos onto your comp. Back up your contacts into a 3rd party such as Google Contacts or Microsoft Outlook. Your texts I don't know how to back them up (but I think you can, just Google it or search MMi cuz I have seen people d it here). You need to back everything up manually cuz the only thing youll get back after restoring and setting up as new, is your apps and music by resyncing.

Just to be safe, what device are you using? If you need an unlock, it's crucial you don't update to stock 4.1. If you don't need an unlock then that's ok...

Well I'm only worried about my contacts and pictures. I am on iPhone 4 4.1, do not need an unlock. I guess I'm going to have a long night of restoring fun ahead of me!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

It won't take too long. Probably an hour tops

Just back up your photos to your comp and back up contacts. Then restore.

Ok, can you recommend the best way to back up contacts??
    Thanks so much for all your help!!!