Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage upgrade to 4.1 help!

Default pwnage upgrade to 4.1 help!
    sorry i posted this in the thread for the instructions, but wanted to post again to try to get a quick response as it's kind of time sensitive to know if I should just buy another phone/get my sim card mailed....

Hey guys..could use a hand, but I have a feeling I know what the answer is already...

I have a 3G, was running on 4 (jailbroken/unlocked) and just used pwnage to upgrade to 4.1

I got it into DFU and restored, but now it is saying to insert a sim card so that I can use it, so I am stuck at the screen where you can make emergency calls.

Does part of doing this mean you have to have the SIM card for your original carrier??

I am overseas and don't have it, and now that it's done, let me guess, i need my original sim card to activate the phone so that i get into the settings???

As of right now I appear to have bricked my phone. Is the only thing that will help me, getting my sim card from home to throw it in? Will that even help me????????

Thanks.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes, you can use the official sim , even without service will trigger it into the Home Screen, after unlocking it with Ultrasn0w and using your local sim there will then have your iphone fully activated.
    Pwnage tools 4.1.2, before you build it, you should check the activate my iphone, then your iphone will be activated.
    So you might want to create another one and do the restore again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

rideonthebus (2010-10-25)

Yeah you can just re-build your custom ipsw file and this time use expert mode and make sure "Activate Phone" is ticked (I think it's under General) then restore to that and you should be good to go