Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G needs to be recovered

Default 3G needs to be recovered
    Hi all, I am a new to modmyi but need some advice to restore back my 3G 3.1.2 jailbroken iphone. I have read through a bunch of stuff and am not sure what to do.

1) I thought i had used cydia to "make your life easier" but when using the latest version of tinyumbrella, i cannot seem to restore my SHSH, nothing seems to happen when I do that. I.e. I see no files in the directory... so I am assuking it did not save my SHSH to the servers?

2) i have a 3G 1.3.2 firmware phone and am stuck, the phone will not start except in recovery mode and im scared to lose my jailbreak/unlock which i must have to use my phone.

can anyone give me some advice as to where to go from here? i dont mind upgrading to IOS4 but what is my easiest path to retain my jailbreak/unlock? or am i screwed and have to update to the latest 4.1 and cannot do anything? (thats what it looks like right now)

thanks so much!
    Last edited by spacemanspiff; 2010-10-25 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Don't worry, your shsh blogs is still with Cydia, it is not showing for everyone too. Go donwload tiny umbrella and click save shsh , all the shsh will be downloaded onto your pc. For 3.xx, there is no shsh blogs , only 4.xx is needed for restore.
    You can restore to Custom firmare created by Snowbreeze 2.0.2, download ireb 4.1 too to bypass errors while doing the shift + Restore to Snowbreeze_4.1.ipsw.
    This way your baseband is retained at your current version before the restore.
    If you have the official sim to activate, choose expert mode and uncheck the activate my iphone when building your custom firmware.
    Once restored you are at emergency screen, put the official sim to trigger it and you are already jailbroken at 4.1 .
    Unlock again.
    Youtube and syncing of iphone all works flawlessly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

spacemanspiff (2010-10-25)

thank you for the response!

when i use tinyumbrella to save shsh nothing happens? i dont see any files created on my pc. are you saying that there should be no files created?

is there a tutorial i could follow for your directions as far as making the custom firmware? i am unclear as to what exactly your directions are and have a hard time understanding... sorry super n00b
    thanks!

Thanks

Did you use the latest TU, Your iphone has to be bootable for TU to recognize your ECID , otherwise it won't. Nevermind about that for now, I will show you later after you have finished doing your restore.
    What jailbreak was applied at your 3.1.2 ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

actually i do not know, it was jailbroken before i recieved it and i never messed with it

it was at 3.1.2 btw

Thanks

Download Ireb 4.1 and Snowbreeze 2.0.2 from here : iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    Download your 3g 4.1 ipsw from here : iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From
    Updates your itunes to the latest first.
    Snowbreeze is a stand alone program, Run it and choose Expert Mode > General > unchecked activate my iphone.
    Now build your Custom firmware and when finished it is on your desktop.
    Run ireb 4.1, it will put you into DFU mode and then eventually says now you can restore to custom firmware.
    At this point : do a shift key + restore ( Itunes ) and browse to Snowbreeze_4.1.ipsw
    Restored > put your official sim in.
    Update Cydia and install Ultrasn0w.

It should be either blackra1n or redsn0w. So you should be fine as long as you don't restore to stock 4.1 which will update your baseband and lock you out.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-25 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

ok thanks dude! i will try it tonight or tomorrow and post the results!

2 questions:
    1) when you say offical sim... does that need to be an at&t sim card or any sim? (i dont have any at&t sim cards, i am using a US iphone in germany with o2)
    2) once i update cydia and install ultrasn0w, then whats the situation with blackra1n or redsn0w? im not clear on that.

cheers!

Thanks

Your 3.1.2 has to be jailbroken first by either Blackra1n or Redsn0w before you can restore to cfw.
    If you don't have the official sim to activate, then you can hactivate it through Snowbreeze, the only problem you will get is cannot connect to YouTube and Syncing problems which you don't want.

hmmm should i go ahead with it then?
    what are the syncing problems? would i have to rejailbreak it later?

cheers

Thanks

You can sync,but at the end it would say something the apps was not back up due to iPhone disconnected and you can't watch YouTube, nothing will fix it

ok i will just go ahead since right now my phone is unusable, hopefully something can fix it later.

so instead of using ultrasn0w use snowbreeze to unlock correct?

Thanks

No, snowbreeze is a tool to create cfw, it does not update your current baseband, you will still need to unlock with Ultrasn0w

ok awesome, i am back to a working phone but cannot restore my old backup
    it says itunes cannot restore from phone because backup session has failed!

any ideas?

im glad i got it half working so far

Thanks

Now I remember, the message is this itunes cannot restore from phone because backup session has failed!

This is because you are using hactivated mode from Snowbreeze. Next time when you have the official sim , build another one without hactivation and all will be running flawlessly.
    Atleast you can use the phone for now to call me..LOL.. enjoy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

spacemanspiff (2010-10-26)

Is there anyway for me to grab my contacts and/or photos off my old backup at this point? I really need them

edit: i was able to use u iphone backup extractor to do it .... got almost all my contacts back except one cute girl
    Last edited by spacemanspiff; 2010-10-26 at 10:54 PM.