Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G-S jailbreak requirements quiestions...

Default iPhone 3G-S jailbreak requirements quiestions...
    hello this my first time posting to this site so bare with me for a bit. i've been searching on this site for quite a while and at the same time doing some research into Jailbreaking my iPhone 3G-S. now i did all the back up i needed to do in case i didnt want the jailbreak anymore. now my dilemma is that i came across was the recent firmware update to 4.1 then i read about limera1n and greenpois0n and also redsn0w have ios 4.1 jailbreaks. i downloaded the software (or at least so i thought) and tried to open it but my computer (powerbook G4) says "your computer cannot support this type of program/application". WTF!! are there any system requirements for jailbreaks? (i have MAC OSX 10.4.11) what is the requirement for the "oldest" MAC OS for jailbreaks? am i better off waiting for the "jailbreakme.com" release for 4.1? any help would be greatly gratified...

Thanks

there will not be a jailbreakme for 4.1, I'm not sure what the requirements for the mac are on any of the jailbreak programs but I'm sure a google search will yield the answers, just glancing it appears that pwnagetool requires OSX 10.5.x
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-10-25 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pulloa View Post
    hello this my first time posting to this site so bare with me for a bit. i've been searching on this site for quite a while and at the same time doing some research into Jailbreaking my iPhone 3G-S. now i did all the back up i needed to do in case i didnt want the jailbreak anymore. now my dilemma is that i came across was the recent firmware update to 4.1 then i read about limera1n and greenpois0n and also redsn0w have ios 4.1 jailbreaks. i downloaded the software (or at least so i thought) and tried to open it but my computer (powerbook G4) says "your computer cannot support this type of program/application". WTF!! are there any system requirements for jailbreaks? (i have MAC OSX 10.4.11) what is the requirement for the "oldest" MAC OS for jailbreaks? am i better off waiting for the "jailbreakme.com" release for 4.1? any help would be greatly gratified...
    You could try PwnageTool 4.1.2, it might work with OS X Tiger 10.4.11. I know it will work on Leopard 10.5.x and Snow Leopard 10.6.x.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

thanks... im gonna give pwnagetool see if that works...i think i may just purchase a new mac if all else fails, whoopty doo fml

Thanks

thanks... im gonna give pwnagetool see if that works...i think i may just purchase a new mac if all else fails, whoopty doo fml
    Don't purchase a whole new Mac, just a Leopard OS update disc.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post

Make sure it's Leopard and NOT Snow Leopard (pretty sure that will not run on a G4)

Rather an expensive jailbreak? Why not use someone else's computer? The jailbreak only takes seconds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Rather an expensive jailbreak? Why not use someone else's computer? The jailbreak only takes seconds.
    ^^^^^^^^

this is true

hello this my first time posting to this site so bare with me for a bit.
    BTW, we don't do that sort of "bearing" on this site

Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post

Give the guy a break!! He found a great excuse to buy himself a new computer AND jailbreak his phone.. come on. I say go for it, buy, buy buy...LOL

@John1177: sounds like someone works at a retail store!! lol! trust me i would buy a new one. ive had my powerbook G4 for over 5 years now and ive had absolutely no problems until recently with software updates.

@westonben & j3st3r3: i have considered getting a buddy and doing it that way but they all have WIN7 and i primarily use mac for security and CRASH reasons and also i dont want my friends have my backed up files that i encrypted on my phone. i havent really looked into leopard, last time i checked for me to upgrade i need a better machine. not that i dont already have a great computer but i need a more "recent" machine. but like i said i will look into it to see if i can upgrade to leopard
    ps i didnt want to refer to an animal when i wrote "bare".

to everyone thanks for all the sarcastic help. i laughed and was informed. thank you

Thanks

i know leopard will run on a G4, almost positive that Snow Leopard will not, at least from the brief reading I did on the subject