Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to restore Iphone 2G without losing Jailbreak? With no sync cable?

Question How to restore Iphone 2G without losing Jailbreak? With no sync cable?
    Can this be done?
    I have an iPhone 2G that I sold on ebay and now i need to delete all my info, one problem - no sync cable.
    yeah i can delete every single photo/contact one by one, but cannot delete my music, and cant upgrade the jailbreak without a sync cable. pretty muuch cant do anything without a sync cable.

is there a way to restore to factory settings without losing jailbreak? or should I just order a sync cable and delete my things that way? I really do not want to make this person wait that long to get this item, and ordering/waiting for the cable to get here, than deleting everything, we're talking another week before im even able to ship.
    any advice?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Deleting the stuff one by one seems like your only option without a usb cable.

Yeah but that means I would have to send it to her with all my music and way outdated jailbreak firmware.
    and i just tried my brothers itouch cable, and its still saying USB device not recognized.. i think its something wrong with the phone now.

Thanks

You probably should have had this stuff figured out before you put it on ebay

Yeah I thought it was going to sync with a regular sync cable. Could the outdated jailbreak software have something to do with my computer not recognizing it? When i first got the unlocked phone it would be recognized on my phone but no computer has been able to pick it up in like a year so im thinking its the software..

dfu mode restore.

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    dfu mode restore.
    ^ could you please explain?

do you have a sync cable? yes or no.

we'll he said he didn't, then he said he did.

Thanks

You may want to look into wifi sync on cydia. It wont be able to restore your iphone but you may be able to unsync whatever music and photos you have on it.

under prefs you can delete everything.

Thanks

we'll he said he didn't, then he said he did.
    Hmm... you're right. Maybe he doesn't realize a ipod cable should work for a iphone too.

Use the ipod cable and put it in dfu: iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

Then restore to 3.1.3 and use redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-10-24 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

jmommaaa (2010-10-24)

I, myself do not have a sync cable, my brother has an itouch sync cable which i just used and its still not recognizing my device. for DFU mode, doesnt it have to be able to recognize my device?
    and im a girl =]

Thanks

Apologies for the he thing

It doesnt matter if it isnt being recognised properly in regular mode. It should be recognised in dfu. Make sure you have the latest itunes installed first.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

jmommaaa (2010-10-24)

Yeah I just downloaded the newest itunes. Ill follow that guide and post back with results, thank you

also i need the sim to stay unlocked because the person im selling it to has tmobile.. will the restore + redsn0w ruin this feature?
    Last edited by jmommaaa; 2010-10-24 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you need to restore to a custom firmware then

Thanks

you need to restore to a custom firmware then
    No she doesn't. She has a iPhone 2G. The unlock will stay so you will just have to activate after the restore which redsn0w will take care of. Just out of curiousity, what firmware is on the iphone now?

awh man, I bricked it. =[
    my bf is trying to restore it..
    any advice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast