Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I am running out of things to try

Default I am running out of things to try
    Let me start of by thanking yeow202 for his patience and efforts trying to help me out with this problem. Let me tell you what all we have tried and see if someone else has a suggestion. I am running a 3gs running 3.1.2 jailbroken (thinking with spirit since nothing has worked to far). I have all my shsh's saved in Saurik, have changed my host file, downloaded 4.1, already have 3.1.2 downloaded,have tiny umbrella, have snowbreeze and redsnow downloaded. Tu confirms my shsh's 3.1.2 and for 4.1. I have tried running TU and run 3.1.2 (errors) run 4.1 (errors) have tried NOT running TU and shift restore both in recovery and dfu, finally tried just straight shift restore (error)
    So, I have not been able to upgrade to 4.1, restore back to stock 3.1.2 and rejailbreak.Anyone have any other suggestions?
    Oh yea, I am on windows xp

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

What errors are you getting and have you tried a different computer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    What errors are you getting and have you tried a different computer?
    +1

sounds to me like you are having USB issues with your computer, or having a hardware issue with your phone, try going to a friends house if that is your only computer

I was having this same issue trying to upgrade to 4.1 on my jb iPhone 4. I searched this website & found some info that helped (don't remember which thread or who the poster was though)

use control panel to uninstall itunes & all related software.

1. iTunes
    2. Quicktime
    3. Apple Software Update
    4. Apple Mobile Device Support
    5. Bonjour
    6. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Then reinstall iTunes, plug your phone back in & try again it should work.

Like I said I don't remember who the poster is (wish I did so I could thank them) but this helped me out into upgrading to 4.1 so hope this helps you.